INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would like to see in MC25  (Read 2039 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Would like to see in MC25
« on: January 26, 2019, 04:38:37 am »

Really looking forward to the Video Conversion changes, esp if:
- Multi core for HEVC (even my OC i7 8700K can not do realtime 4k @50 or 60p at present)
- Remux option in general (rather than transcoding)
- Remux in particular for JTV
JRiver CEO Elect

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Would like to see in MC25
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 12:29:39 pm »

Hardware acceleration for video conversion

Hoping for Intel QSV for non Android and Nvidia+Shield hardware acceleration for the Android platform. 

Chris

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 05:28:38 am »

Hi

I would like to see:

1) Input Selector, see here where details are alreday discussed (MC24 thread).
New feature request: Input Selector, MC24
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118820.0.html

This could circumvent intergrating any streaming as well. The input is grabbed from Windows Sound System (WDM), so any streaming service is working and is then quasi "integrated" into JRiver.
Mac, I dont know how it workds there.

2) DSP-option: Stereo to Surround upmix (pseudo surround: Stereo to 5.1).  There is for example a company Illusonic (www.illusonic.com) which developped software for that. Can license/intergrate this. Stereo to 5.1 would be enough I guess.
The upmix is intended to be on the Binaural Headphone Processor A16 of Smyth Research (they licensed it).

3) DPS-option: Stereo to Binaural (for Headphones it is important!). Here it may be a good idea to contact, license Smyth Research software. https://smyth-research.com/

Peter

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 05:34:26 am »

here my comments on what JimH proposed:

NEW:  Just a few of the many new things coming in MC25

yes=like to have it
No=not needed, will not be used by myself

Lyrics Download: yes

Movie Trailers: No

Import / Export button for TV recording rules: No

Artist images in Playing Now: yes

Panel can build and save playlists: may be??

Radio Paradise and Radio JRiver Improvements: yes

Coming Soon: ??

Related Artists: may be

Hardware acceleration for video conversion: No

Peter

jachin99

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 11:43:20 am »

I like the direction MC 25 is headed with all of the early movie and tv improvements.  I'll also suggest enabling an option for intro videos, and possibly trailers before movie playback.  My last suggestion would be enabling video backdrops on the informational screen when a movie is selected in theater view. 

mattlauck

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 02:00:06 pm »

Just bought the new master licence on seeing
LYRICS UPDATE and
RELATED ARTISTS!

Wow! I'm so excited now!

Been using Lyric Finder App from Media Human, but it seems to no longer update my tags???

RELATED ARTISTS
Can't wait to see what you do.
Important to be able to link metadata so as to easy facilitate linking related artists.

If you are looking at the Beatles you should easily be able to hit a button and go to John, Paul, George, and Ringo solo works. (maybe not Ringo)

Was that song I like My Morning Jacket or Jim James?
You should be able to link related artists and have them universally linked and available with a button push.

Was excited to try the new 'show link in checkbox' feature in MANAGE LIBRARY FIELDS, hoping to set up exactly that.
I created '* Associated Artists' field, clicked the 'show link in checkbox.' Data Type= Semi Colon Delimited

Then I populated some of the fields.
Album Artist, Led Zeppelin would have Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page... in * Associated Artists' field
Album Artist, Jimmy Page, would have Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page. in * Associated Artists' field
Album Artist The Firm would have Jimmy Page in * Associated Artists' field

When I would be looking at the Led Zeppelin files and hit the * Associated Artists' field it would return nothing as it only searched within Led Zeppelin.

So couldn't get it to work and couldn't even picture any use for 'show link in checkbox'
I was heartbroken.

Also... would love to see
Manage Library Fields/Data/User Data/Relational

STORE ONE VALUE PER ALBUM ARTIST as a choice.

I have some custom fields which will denote Favorite Artist, Essential Artist, Ohio Artist.... to help organize, group and sort my large collection.
Storing one value for Artist kind of sucks because it may only update Artist Tom Petty and NOT Artist Tom Petty & The Heart Breakers which are BOTH under ALBUM ARTIST Tom Petty.

Really looking forward to checking out 25 now!
Can't wait!

Maey

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 06:03:12 am »

I just bought an upgrade to MC25 (last time I made a purchase was for MC19, so this was long overdue, but the prospect of backing up and restoring all my playlists, meta-data etc. has somewhat scared me off the update until now - in all honesty it still does scare me somewhat, but hopefully the process will be a lot less scarry than I have been fearing it would be).
I have always been very satisfied with JRiver, but if there is one thing/functionality I have missed, it would be the reproduction of commercial Blueray discs from my cd/dvd/blueray optical drive. Will this be possible in MC25?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 09:50:10 am »

MC24 should import your library and data.  Just install it.

You can also manually backup in MC19 (File > Library) and restore the backup in MC24 or MC25.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 01:19:16 pm »

MC24 should import your library and data.  Just install it.

MC does not import all libraries and all data. Even when one saves all settings.

In every new install I have done - MC's "settings" backup seems to forget that a user could have multiple libraries being used within a single instance of MC.

So while a settings restore will restore one library - it ignores all others that may have been in play.

Fixing this (and MC's incessant inability to "remember" library startup settings - when switching between two libraries) would make me a very happy camper.

VP

gordec

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 04:57:06 pm »

I have a request for a new feature.

I use my network DAC through DLNA server. Right now all network players show up on the top left corner under playing now. Is there anyway to make all endpoints all show up in one place and be permanently selected like with a check box?

Thanks.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 03:46:15 am »

I have a question regarding the Lyric download.
Will it be possible to store the lyrics in the files as tag as well - flac and mp3?
Wake up and slow down 😴

kstich

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 11:12:17 pm »

Would love to see an AirPlay or Chromecast support. I would also love to see Alexa or Google Assistant integration. The web API should already be there so it shouldn’t be too hard. It would be nice to see some more mainstream audio and video functionality in this release.

flac.rules

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 02:46:17 am »

The meta-data things (lyrics, artists and so on) are great features to get.

Manfred

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 12:31:03 pm »

My few cents.

- my comments to the list from JimH: yes = I would use it
Lyrics Download: yes  :)
Movie Trailers: yes
Import / Export button for TV recording rules: maybe
Artist images in Playing Now: yes
Panel can build and save playlists: maybe
Radio Paradise and Radio JRiver Improvements: yes
Coming Soon:  ? ::)
Related Artists: yes  :)
Hardware acceleration for video conversion: yes (it takes ages to convert a mkv BD to mp4) :)

Some other Thoughts:

- If MC would run as an APP for Video on Android SMART TV supporting up to 32 bit/96 kHz audio would be really great.  And if the MC Team would support me for a remote get together with Devialet to get Devialet AIR work fault free with MC would be highly welcome (I switched to USB for that reason). I could then get rid of my Media Renderer.

- Currently you must setup View's for Standard, Theater, JRemote in three step's. If you setup a standard view it would be nice to directly configure also theatre view and the JRemote View.

- Photo's - If MC could use a service or implement some AI functions to scan photo's for location would be nice, also to add a small map derived from the photo scan, which one could store in MC would be nice

- capability to view pdf,  epup  reader from Panel would be nice

I use MC since Feb. 2013 and I am pretty happy with it, using Audio, Video, TV(very rarely), Photo, archiving all my documents in  MC. Totally ~40 000 media files & documents.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 01:47:48 pm »

I have been trying for number of years to find a way to import iTunes playlists from others and not face the frustration of exact file path matching.

I would like to recommend an alternative import playlist feature that allows for importing a playlist that is comprised of four or five basic fields that include, track name, artist, album, and track number (could be other fields in typical export format).

The playlist would be a simple text file with each record containing information for the above fields but without specific file path for each record that is part of normal playlist import process.

This would allow a user to receive a normal playlist from an individual, parse the playlist for the relevant fields, and then allow JRiver search functions to find/display matching candidate tracks in the main library for each record submitted in the text file.

Resulting candidates from the search of the main library can then be selected and incorporated into a new playlist through simple selection process already built into Media Center.

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 07:10:14 am »

I would like to be able to edit playlists on JRemote to delete tracks no longer required. (I know this can be done on Media Center but it is not as convenient)

Thanks.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 07:13:54 am »

To be able to drag tabs to a specific order.

Thanks
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 12:29:59 pm »

To be able to delete albums from Media Centre Library using JRemote.

Thanks.

Axedall

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 10:19:21 pm »

Can we please get integration of the MC_Aero_Taskbar_Plugin native in to MC25. I can't believe that this hasn't already been incorporated. I have to install this with every new version of MC player and am constantly having to reactivated it with each update. I'm worried eventually it may not be compatible.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 12:20:49 am »

Can we please get integration of the MC_Aero_Taskbar_Plugin native in to MC25. I can't believe that this hasn't already been incorporated. I have to install this with every new version of MC player and am constantly having to reactivated it with each update. I'm worried eventually it may not be compatible.
I have not been able to get it to work with MC24 64bit at all. was told the author would need to be the one to update it, most additional plugins do need to be installed for each new version if my memory is correct.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

saltanar

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 03:07:27 am »

I want a better auto import for Bdmv folder and iso, I have so many disk that I had to manually fix about category type and real title. Kodi was so much better about this.

Axedall

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 11:17:03 pm »

I have not been able to get it to work with MC24 64bit at all. was told the author would need to be the one to update it, most additional plugins do need to be installed for each new version if my memory is correct.

Yes, I have continued to use the 32 bit version only to maintain compatibility with this plugin. I understand that plugins have to be re-installed with every update, but this is an ancient plugin that seems to no longer be supported by the author. It is nevertheless an incredibly useful feature and something I feel strongly the JRiver should team should incorporate in to the next build. Frankly i'm really surprised that it wasn't a long time ago as it is a standard feature in almost every other media player!
Pages: [1]   Go Up