INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 24 for Windows and Cambridge Minx Xi waiting before playing?  (Read 910 times)

richardcadot

• Recent member

I am not a computer geek in the least and I just want HiFi music with my Cambridge Minx Xi which is wire connected to my local network. It plays fine except there is always a delay (a good 10 seconds) when I start a new song. The message "waiting" appears in the control and playing progress interface.

I thought maybe it was a buffering of some kind but even after trying to disable the buffering to disk feature, the problem remains.

I had MC21 beforehand and there was no such delay.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Where are the files?  NAS, for example?

What type of files?

Memory playback?  Try turning it off.

Buffer settings?

richardcadot

• Recent member

I don't know exactly what are NAS files.

The type of files I am playing are FLAC. After some testing, there is a short delay also with MP3 files but it is not as bad.

I do not know where to find the "memory playback" option nor the "buffer settings".  That option only appears to be available to me on my "Player" zone which is my computer playing on my computer speakers. I access it through the AUDIO option.

In the AUDIO options, I need to choose the zone I want to change. If I choose the "Minx Xi zone", I get the message "! Configure audio using Options>Media Network>Add or configure DLNA settings". The info that came with my MinxXi said to use UPnP which I do with the "Legacy UPnP" option.

Maybe I should mention that I have purchased and installed a MC25 licence recently.

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe

I don't know exactly what are NAS files.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network-attached_storage

The type of files I am playing are FLAC. After some testing, there is a short delay also with MP3 files but it is not as bad.

MP3 files are smaller than FLAC as they use compression. The shorter delay maybe due to the fact the MO3 files are smaller. This could point to a delay in 'loading'/transferring the files rather than setting up the 'connection' to play a given file. But I don't know why that would be as I would not expect the Cambridge to buffer the whole file it's playing; it'd just steam it.

I do not know where to find the "memory playback" option nor the "buffer settings".  That option only appears to be available to me on my "Player" zone which is my computer playing on my computer speakers. I access it through the AUDIO option.

Try googling or look at the videos in my footer.

Hint: JRiver Memory Playback

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up