INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Centre and rear channels no longer playing via MC 24  (Read 504 times)

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
Centre and rear channels no longer playing via MC 24
« on: January 29, 2019, 06:36:35 am »

I have a 5.0 channel AV system. Until very recently, I had no problem playing multi-channel MKV video files and multi-channel DSF audio files via MC 24 on my Windows 10 HTPC. However, after a week or so when I was too busy to use my HTPC, I now find that the centre and rear channels are not working.

All channels work fine when I test them via the Windows 10 playback device settings on the HTPC (all channels also work fine via other inputs on my AV amp). This issue only appears to affect MC 24 on my HTPC. Reinstalling MC 24 made no difference.

The Streams setting in MC confirms that I am using multi-channel audio tracks, so what might be preventing three of those channels from operating?

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Centre and rear channels no longer playing via MC 24
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 07:56:45 am »

Problem solved. It was due to user error!   :(

The DSP output format settings were forcing conversion to stereo. I think this was a setting left over from previous investigations of audio distortion after my HTPC woke up from sleep mode. I've probably been without those channels for a little longer than I had assumed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up