INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jremote suddenly losing connection to MC24 on macmini  (Read 832 times)

dbelshei

jremote suddenly losing connection to MC24 on macmini
« on: January 29, 2019, 04:27:40 pm »

For no particular reason, jremote on an ipad and on an iphone will occasionally lose the connection to MC24 on a mac mini, or else the connection becomes very slow.  If I disconnect the ipad from wifi and reconnect, that usually fixes the problem.  This might be a problem only with the wifi network, but I thought I would post here for suggestions.

I have no idea what the lightspeed.austx.sbcglobal.net address in the error message is referring to.  I wonder if that might be part of the problem.

thanks

dbelshei

Re: jremote suddenly losing connection to MC24 on macmini (solved)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 05:16:06 pm »

The fix was to use ethernet instead of wifi, now jremote is very fast and never disconnects.  Not sure why this happened only on the new AT&T router (replacing a 12 year old router 3 months ago) and not sure why Remote app/itunes works fine over the same wifi.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: jremote suddenly losing connection to MC24 on macmini
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 09:27:20 am »

For no particular reason, jremote on an ipad and on an iphone will occasionally lose the connection to MC24 on a mac mini, or else the connection becomes very slow.  If I disconnect the ipad from wifi and reconnect, that usually fixes the problem.  This might be a problem only with the wifi network, but I thought I would post here for suggestions.

I have no idea what the lightspeed.austx.sbcglobal.net address in the error message is referring to.  I wonder if that might be part of the problem.

thanks
Glad you fixed it.
Just some info from your debug.
JRemote wasn't able to connect on your LAN address (either it was temporarily down or some other unknown issue) and lightspeed.austx.sbcglobal.net is what your public IP looks like to the outside world (which is what you'd need to connect to if you were trying to use JRemote over a WAN).
Pages: [1]   Go Up