INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More control over JRSS mixing  (Read 1255 times)

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
More control over JRSS mixing
« on: January 29, 2019, 08:45:38 pm »

I'd really like to see more control over JRSS setting. There is obvious much more going on in the background that isn't exposed to the user.

For instance it has what I'd call a "music mode" and a "movie mode" that is switched between automatically behind the scenes based on media type tags and the user has no control over this. Could we get maybe a check box to be able to choose which mode is used independent of what the media type tag is.

I'm guessing there are probably other things that could be exposed controlling mixing between channels/timing etc...

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: More control over JRSS mixing
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:45:45 pm »

Maybe a toggle command would be good to go between music and movie modes, rather than having to go into multiple option menus.

justsomeguy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 10:11:08 pm »

The movie/music setting is honestly what I'm most interested in. What I envision is simply one drop down box under "Output Format" in the DSP that has 3 options to select from... Auto, Movie, and Music. Auto being basically how JRSS works now and movie/music overriding the current automatic logic.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 11:49:03 pm »

I'd go so far as to have a keyboard short cut that can switch between the two at any time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 02:27:36 am »

Can't you do that with Zones?

ZoneSwitch could do it automatically.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 03:01:15 am »

I think they mean being able to choose for any content (use music mode on a film and vice versa). i.e. JRSS is a black box atm, request is to allow control of things in that box.

justsomeguy

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 03:43:58 am »

Music mode for a film probably doesn't make much sense but the other way around I think would. I use to use my audio receiver to up mix stereo for example with dolby prologic which gave many options including a music and movie modes which were similar to what JRSS modes do. I always preferred movie mode even for music content because separation just felt more "right" to me. However those modes aren't available to the end user to manually select in MC. The options for JRSS in the DSP are pretty limited at the moment.

This would be good for the WDM driver as well I think. As of now the audio stream using WDM is being treated as "music" by JRSS as it's media type is automatically set to Audio and can not be changed by the user. This makes non music content sound odd using WDM driver. With this change it could be up to the user how JRSS treats the WDM driver audio.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 04:01:55 pm »

Music mode for a film probably doesn't make much sense but the other way around I think would.

There are musicals and concert videos too, though.

justsomeguy

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 05:58:01 pm »

Ok that's a valid point. If we are given control over music/movie mode then the DSP tag that already exists could be used to associate those with a relevant user defined DSP preset.
Pages: [1]   Go Up