INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter crashes when Importing  (Read 674 times)

mwgraves10

• Recent member
MediaCenter crashes when Importing
« on: January 30, 2019, 10:18:29 am »

After the last update, I have been unable to import any data that isn't directly ripped into Media Center. I have a rather large library of CDs and SACDs that I have been importing. To save time, I purchased the Master License and have been using both the MAC and the PC to burn disks. Once I had a few burned to my Western Digital MyBook, I'd hook the drive up to the MAC (my listening station) and copy them to the folders where my library is stored. Up until now, Auto Import would recognize the new files and about all I had do do was import artwork. After the last update, Auto Import fails to recognize that new files have been added. I have tried running Auto Import manually (MediaCenter crashed), Import a Single Folder from Tools (crashed) and File>Library>Import. What do I do to fix this? I purchased licenses for both machines for a reason.

On another note, playing a single track that it DOES see fails from the File listing. I can select play from and Album and it begins playing. But selecting from Files and trying to play crashes the app.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MediaCenter crashes when Importing
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:59:51 pm »

Try using the latest build, which is MC24.0.74  .  You can find it at the top of this forum.

There were two or three previous releases where MP4 support (which includes M4A files) was a little messed up and caused crashes.  That might be what you are seeing.  If so, upgrading to 24.0.74 should fix it for you.

Good luck.

Brian.

mwgraves10

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 08:41:29 am »

0.74 is what I upgraded to. However, I found the issue. Somehow the permissions got hosed. Running a script to reset permissions fixed the issue.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 12:26:02 pm »

Oh interesting.  Glad you found the problem.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up