INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Movie Theater Experience / Intermission  (Read 1398 times)

wolffe

• Recent member
Feature Request: Movie Theater Experience / Intermission
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:57:09 am »

I would like to have a feature that makes my experience more theater like. For example:

Pre movie notifications and ads: things like the classic ”no talking” and ”concession stand”, and maybe a selection of classic or spoof ”ads” and movie trivia.

When our user informs MC to go to the next phase, play a ”upcoming movies” blurb, a couple of trailers (either user defined, randomly selected, intelligent selection, etc), ”and now for our feature presentation”. User can speed this along by selecting ”next- now” to immediately go to the next bit, or ”next”, which will go to the next bit after the current trailer finishes

Technology Blurbs, like THX, ”Dolby Surround”, etc

”And now our feature presentation” blurb

Then start the movie.

In addition to 'pause”, the user has an ”intermission” option, with ability to set a countdown timer or manual play start. during intermission, blurbs, fake user defined ads, or more movie trivia about current movie.

possibly assign some background music to each ”phase”

This might be easy leveraging playlists and creating dynamic items for the playlist, one such would be ”random movie trivia”, another ”random unique selection from xxxxxx playlist”.

We watch a fair number of movies at my house and this would be a fun thing.

Thanks!

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Movie Theater Experience / Intermission
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 04:25:17 pm »

Another vote for this.
A user configurable Playlist could be constructed like:
1) specific video file A
2) specific video file B
3 ) random video file with a specific tag as filter
4) random video file with a specific tag as filter
5) play the main video file originally selected, the main feature movie.

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 04:28:01 pm »

I think that a lot of people just want to watch the video (perhaps you could create a smartlist to play the way you want).

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 09:02:34 pm »

Maybe try linking tracks?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 11:29:48 am »

I have a playlist called "Movie Night." It has several Smartlists that automatically change the trivia, demo's, etc. each time. I think if JRiver added a feature like it that was built in it would be very cool. It would be nice to have countdown timers and ability to set an intermission time.

I can add the night's movie to Feature Movie prior to playing back the entire playlist. 

Cinemavision is a good source of content. Sequential trivia question/answers can be linked using JRiver's Link Tracks feature. I attached an example of what comes up in my Trivia Smartlist.

_mulder

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 02:42:16 pm »

This would definitely make me upgrade my MC version. Obviously, these should be optional but for the people that would like to have a "theater experience", this would be great. I miss seeing random trailers (not from movie I own, but coming attractions) before I start a movie. It would be great if this could be integrated within MC.

Thanks Mojave for the playlist idea, I will try playing with this.

audioriver

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 04:33:31 am »

+1 for the ability to add blank/pause "videos" in a playlist, with a user-set duration.
Windows 10 Pro x64
Pages: [1]   Go Up