Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unmute  (Read 1052 times)

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Unmute
« on: February 04, 2019, 01:36:33 pm »

An option to not unmute my system when starting MC.  I can't express how frustrating this is.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Re: Too Easy V -- Things we should have done because they were so simple
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:20:35 pm »

An option to not unmute my system when starting MC.  I can't express how frustrating this is.

Already there: "Options > Audio > Volume > Startup Volume"

Set it to zero.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 06:24:03 pm »

Already there: "Options > Audio > Volume > Startup Volume"

Set it to zero.

Those are two very different things.  When I have my system muted, I don't want MC to unmute it.  There are a lot of reasons that I open MC when I don't have any intention of listening to something.  This happens to me at work all the time.  I will open up MC to check to see if I have an album or something and then suddenly sound is blasting out of my speakers at work because I have a tab open that is playing a video or my skype notifications start going off.  I find it highly intrusive that MC decides that I don't want my system muted when I've set it to mute.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 06:39:49 pm »

Those are two very different things.  When I have my system muted, I don't want MC to unmute it.  There are a lot of reasons that I open MC when I don't have any intention of listening to something.  This happens to me at work all the time.  I will open up MC to check to see if I have an album or something and then suddenly sound is blasting out of my speakers at work because I have a tab open that is playing a video or my skype notifications start going off.  I find it highly intrusive that MC decides that I don't want my system muted when I've set it to mute.
(I truly am trying)

Then why didn't you explain it that way the first time? Instead of going off on someone trying to help you? Then blaming a application for your poor knowledge of it!
Try spell check on your next post....how does it feel?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 06:52:43 pm »

If you read my response as "going off on someone" then I don't even know how to respond to you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Unmute
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 07:11:23 pm »

I'll look at making it optional.  It's there because starting muted will lead to confusion with novice users.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 07:27:50 pm »

Those are two very different things.

Yeah, I actually knew that. But I've started to give simple answers because I've become a bit tired of giving detailed answers to questions asked, rather than questions intended, because people don't ask for what they actually want, but ask how to implement the solution they have thought of to a different problem altogether, whether it is a good idea or not. So I test with a quick simple answer.

It looks like Matt has your back...

... and ~OHM~ has mine. Thanks mate!  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 07:58:05 pm »

I'll look at making it optional.  It's there because starting muted will lead to confusion with novice users.

Awesome, thank you Matt. Even an option to keep it on the current state would be great.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 07:35:09 am »

I found this in the history:
Changed: The mute state of a zone will not be cleared on startup if "Options > Startup > Optimize volume for best sound quality" is not checked.

Maybe that's the solution?  Please give it a try and report back.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 10:24:55 am »

That did the trick, thank you so much Matt (my coworkers thank you as well)!
Pages: [1]   Go Up