INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Space bar in Theater View  (Read 882 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Space bar in Theater View
« on: February 05, 2019, 05:11:58 am »

One of the things that constantly trips me up in Theater View is typing the name of a film and hitting space as part of the search string, which then immediately starts playing whatever I've found so far: eg, I want to search my collection for 'The Lord of the Rings', so I start typing 'The ' and before I get to 'Lord', *bam*, something random with 'The ' in its title starts playing... incredibly frustrating.

Can the behavior of SPACE be an option?  I'm aware that this space behaviour was added in the past as a request, so don't want to override that, but a user option would be nice...  I'd prefer to be able to enter my string then ENTER on the found film to drill into it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Space bar in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 05:20:40 am »

I thought we had fixed that.  What version are you using?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 05:23:56 am »

Theater View doesn't have dedicated "search" input fields, so thats not a bug per se. If you have something playable selected, and hit Space (the "Play" key), it'll play it.
I suppose its reasonable to want this to be configurable if you never use Space to play from Theater View. However, I'm not sure how involved such a option would be, since the global hotkeys like Play are handled on a very high level.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 03:46:13 am »

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 03:49:08 am »

Theater View doesn't have dedicated "search" input fields, so thats not a bug per se. If you have something playable selected, and hit Space (the "Play" key), it'll play it.

Yes, that's what I see... I type 'THE' which focuses on the first film that matches and then when I type SPACE the focussed film starts.

I suppose its reasonable to want this to be configurable

Eminently reasonable :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up