INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: gapless streaming to a DLNA renderer  (Read 1148 times)

elderavelas

• World Citizen
Feature request: gapless streaming to a DLNA renderer
« on: February 05, 2019, 05:48:04 am »

Currently, pushing audio tracks to a DLNA renderer is not gapless. MC seems to send separate streams for each track of an album. I believe this is because the track information changes from track to track. This causes a gap between tracks. I use Volumio as a DLNA renderer an MC as the server and controller. I don't care about track info in the Volumio UI because I use the MC's UI (or Gizmo) instead.
My request is to have an option to stream albums continuously to the renderer or keep the tracks being continuously streamed as long as they are of the same format and bitrate.

I have Neutron Player in my smartphone that does exactly this, so I believe this will not be a big deal for JRiver.

Thanks.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request: gapless streaming to a DLNA renderer
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 05:40:40 pm »

Right click on the renderer and uncheck the DLNA setting for “Disable SetNext support”..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:47:15 pm »

Right click on the renderer and uncheck the DLNA setting for “Disable SetNext support”..
I'll try it.
Edit: It worked! Thank you, very much!

bryant berry

• World Citizen
  • im a good listener,even if i dont look it.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 05:51:02 pm »

this keeps getting turned on....dlna  oppo 103....R CLK  UNDER 103...UN   CKECK...doesnt stay.....space in songs are good  if  your outerspace....ive read  oppo  is  diff....happy spring daze.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up