INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB Sound Card or DAC recommendation  (Read 1603 times)

HtpcUserAri

• Recent member
USB Sound Card or DAC recommendation
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:03:28 pm »

Hello,
Can you please help me find a good USB Sound Card or DAC for my HTPC running JRiver on Win10? Preferably with support for at least 5.1 channel (prev thread from November 2018 asks for 2 channel output). Preferably without spending more than $100. My current setup is just onboard audio --> optical cable --> soundbar.
It seems that the audio is a little bit out of sync with the video on playback and I wonder if this may have to do with the PC's onboard audio. The PC doesn't have room for a PCI sound card due to the large graphics card and the TV tuner card.

I am not much of an audiophile but do appreciate good sound and audio/video sync.

Thank you for any recommendations!
Ari

RichSingapore

• Recent member
Re: USB Sound Card or DAC recommendation
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 12:20:31 am »

You mean a surround sound amplifier? I've always enjoyed the Yamaha sound so suggest trying to find a second hand receiver such as the RX-V381.

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:35:57 am »

It seems that the audio is a little bit out of sync with the video on playback

Under Options->Video->Advanced you can adjust A/V sync - a good starting point is +100. In the Wiki you can search for A/V test files to help you adjust this perfectly.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

HtpcUserAri

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 01:45:56 pm »

Under Options->Video->Advanced you can adjust A/V sync - a good starting point is +100. In the Wiki you can search for A/V test files to help you adjust this perfectly.
Thank you. That page on the Wiki is here: Lip Sync
I downloaded the files and used them with the < and > keys to adjust the A/V Sync. Very easy to do -- thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up