INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request:BubbleUP casting video and MC playing audio->windows 10 system device  (Read 891 times)

Shalmaneser

• Recent member

I have BubbleUPnP working. Pretty nice. Only one nag: I'm running W10. I'd like to cast the video and play its audio locally. Doesn't matter if the a/v goes to the TV, I'd like to send the audio to my audio 5.2 system directly. As it is, the only way I can play the audio is to TOSHLINK/HDMI/coax/whatever back to the W10 system. Rather defeats the purpose of the Chromecast, eh? Routing audio through the TV also requires the TV to cooperate with passively relaying the audio feed, which isn't a given.

I've posted this request to the BubbleUPnP forum, someone said "It's unfeasible". Clearly they're not a programmer. 95% of the work is already done. Given the features in place, this should be an absurdly simple task of pulling together the right modules.

Side note: the chromecast audio dongle was recently discontinued. Wonder if Chromecast will be absorbed by WiFi/HDMI support in TVs, much like RS-232 was absorbed into USB and WiFi.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

While it would be possible to somehow send audio somewhere, I doubt its possible to achieve audio-video sync this way, since DLNA/Chromecast is way too unpredicatble for that, and doesn't offer near the control you would need to do that.
Sometimes the last 5% make an task almost impossible, also something you learn being a programmer. ;)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team

The UPNP SyncPlay() method would theoretically be the solution. But so far (with my DMRA) I have never seen any renderer that actually implements this method..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Shalmaneser

• Recent member

The UPNP SyncPlay() method would theoretically be the solution. But so far (with my DMRA) I have never seen any renderer that actually implements this method..
I'm not surprised that there's a function call to do this. I don't particularly need a wireless split of the stream, but it would be nice to have it.  Its an accident that my HT is next to the 'puter. I suppose someone will get around to implementing it, but like Apple's approach to ecosphere: it works great as long as you're part of the lowest common denominator. God help you if you need something outside the bubble.
I recall discussions about forwarding video to ISPs for 'local' distribution when youtube and live streaming sites began appearing. It's an obvious means of lowering overall network traffic, however it remains to be seen if anyone is using it.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

FYI - I've done the opposite successfully many time where I play the video to a PJ from MC Library Server Client (on a little NUC) but then route the audio (using TuneBlade) the audio to multiple other speakers.

To get the initial Audio/Video Sync, there are two functions to play with, and in my case found the following works:
1) TuneBlade as an adjustable Airplay Buffer Size which I set to 700 (balance between audio drop outs and dealy)
2) MC has a A/V Sync correction that i set to -850 for a Zone I called AirplayBroadcast which has an audio end point that Tuneblade captures

I could then queue up a bunch of Videos (Music Vids, Home Vids etc for a party) and it would all work and stay in sync reliably

I've not tried to do this with Bubble but
JRiver CEO Elect

Shalmaneser

• Recent member

FYI - I've done the opposite successfully many time where I play the video to a PJ from MC Library Server Client (on a little NUC) but then route the audio (using TuneBlade) the audio to multiple other speakers.

To get the initial Audio/Video Sync, there are two functions to play with, and in my case found the following works:
1) TuneBlade as an adjustable Airplay Buffer Size which I set to 700 (balance between audio drop outs and dealy)
2) MC has a A/V Sync correction that i set to -850 for a Zone I called AirplayBroadcast which has an audio end point that Tuneblade captures

I could then queue up a bunch of Videos (Music Vids, Home Vids etc for a party) and it would all work and stay in sync reliably

I've not tried to do this with Bubble but
BubbleButt, eh?  ;D
You mean this? Intel NUC 6 Essential Kit (NUC6CAYH) - Celeron, teamed with your Apple stuff. I've got an iPad my brother gave me for xmas. It lives on the treadmill as video entertainment (cast from W10) & remote for the W10 system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up