INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recently Imported Default view  (Read 978 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Recently Imported Default view
« on: February 06, 2019, 06:30:54 pm »

Hi There,

Is there a way to change the default view for Recently Imported?

Every time I change the view, it reverts back to the default once I remove all the files from the Recently Imported section.

I do NOt want to see artist, album, and Track and DO want to see Media Subtype

Also, I want it to ALWAYS be in List View

RichSingapore

• Recent member
Re: Recently Imported Default view
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 10:18:43 pm »

You could create your own smartlist with your preferred default view: date imported last "x" days - sort by date imported z-a

Not sure if recently imported can be turned off though - anyone?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recently Imported Default view
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 01:35:48 am »

The "Recently Imported" Playlist is a dynamically created, updated, and deleted Playlist. It isn't even a Smartlist but is a Playlist built and modified by MC code.

If you remove all items from the "Recently Imported" Playlist, MC will remove it from the Navigation Pane. That is controlled by code, and you can't change that. If you want it to stay in the Navigation Pane, you will need to leave at least one file on the Playlist. Also note however that if you don't import anything for a period of time (no, I don't know how long that is, but a week or so?) all the items will drop off the Playlist and again, it will be removed it from the Navigation Pane.

If you decide to leave items on the "Recently Imported" Playlist so that it will persist in the Navigation Pane, you can make changes to the layout (columns) and they will persist, as long as you make the changes on the MC Server, and not on the MC Client. Those changes will then persist through MC Client and MC Server restarts. However, if the "Recently Imported" Playlist is emptied it will always revert to the default layout when it is recreated by MC.

If you want what you describe, create your own recently imported Smartlist (or Smartlists perhaps, if you want one per Media Type) and use that/those instead, ignoring the MC created one. See https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Recently_Imported for ideas on creating such a list.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up