INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Playing Now" does not display my Sony TV's or NVidia Shield  (Read 1059 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
"Playing Now" does not display my Sony TV's or NVidia Shield
« on: February 06, 2019, 06:34:42 pm »

I can no longer see any Playing Now Information for any of my android devices (2 Sony TV's and an NVidia Shield).

I used to be able to see the Sony TV's but believe that this changes with a recent update to the TV firmware.

I would also like to be able to see Playing Now information for anyone connected to MC via PANEL/Gizmo/JRemote.

thanks

Dave

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
Re: "Playing Now" does not display my Sony TV's or NVidia Shield
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 03:45:14 pm »

anyone?  Is this corrected in MC25?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 04:28:06 pm »

Only renderers would show up in Playing Now.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 04:36:06 pm »

Given the number of devices that can be connected, the inability to see "non-renderers" such as Android devices reflects a huge gap that I hope can be corrected.

dave

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 09:48:21 pm »

I would assume that your two Sony TVs and the nVidia Shield are in fact DLNA Renderers, and should up under Playing Now as Dynamic Zones.

You may have the same situation that I have, which I haven't documented properly yet.

Can you tell me, on the MC installation where you used to be able to see these devices, and now cannot, how many Zones do you have configured? Just the default "Player" Zone, or do you have some others?

Perhaps post an image of your Playing Now, showing the Zones visible. Thanks.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up