INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SONOS IN MC24/25 for Mac - network no longer seen  (Read 990 times)

clpetersen

• Recent member
SONOS IN MC24/25 for Mac - network no longer seen
« on: February 07, 2019, 10:29:39 pm »

Purchased MC25 upgrade, installed MC24 with MC23 still active (2018 iMac).
MC23 sees our entire Sonos network, no troubles. MC24 sees nada.
What am I missing?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: SONOS IN MC24/25 for Mac - network no longer seen
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 11:20:25 pm »

Open up your firewall for MC24.

Because the executable name changes from MC23 to MC24, you need to Allow MC24 through the firewall the same way you have for MC23. As your using Sonos, that probably means allowing SSDP, DLNA, as well. I think. I don't have Sonos.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

clpetersen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 06:39:31 am »

Thank you Roderick.
I disabled the firewall on the router, no effect. MC23 sees the DLNA network (e.g. Sonos and others), MC24 sees nothing.

Also, if I quit MC24, I cannot relaunch it without logging out or restarting. MC23 has no issues.

--> resolved - per the forum re: MC24 crashes, I enabled MC24 in System Preferences/Privacy/Accessibility. MC24 can be relaunched; MC23 did not need this.
--> still no network seen.

Should I remove MC23? or reinstall MC24?

thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 07:00:13 am »

Double check your Media Network settings in MC.

clpetersen

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 07:02:39 am »

Yup. Just did that. Tools/Options/Media Network Enabled.  :)

All Good.

Not the most obvious setting....

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 05:32:15 pm »

Also, if I quit MC24, I cannot relaunch it without logging out or restarting. MC23 has no issues.

--> resolved - per the forum re: MC24 crashes, I enabled MC24 in System Preferences/Privacy/Accessibility. MC24 can be relaunched; MC23 did not need this.

MC24 doesn't need that setting. At least not for this issue, I think.

What was more likely was that MC24 was running an Auto Import in the background, or building Thumbnails, so it didn't completely shut down, but was running those processes in the background. I don't have a Mac anymore and don't remember how to do it, but if you looked in the Mac equivalent of Windows Task Manager you would probably have found a MC24 task running in there.

As you didn't have that setting for Media Network set in MC24, it sounds like the upgrade didn't find your MC23 Library, and you didn't find a Library Backup from MC23 and Restore it with Settings selected in MC24. As you have only just upgraded, that is what you should do now, to get all your settings, views, etc. from MC23 in MC24. Just backup MC24 manually first in case something goes wrong, then find the most recent MC23 backup and Restore it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up