INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do I change the default items for a new playlist?  (Read 1148 times)

baldo

• World Citizen
how do I change the default items for a new playlist?
« on: February 08, 2019, 09:50:41 am »

When I create a new playlist, I get a load of fields that I don not need. how do I customize playlists so that I get my desired parameters, like name, artist, comment, genre etc..

many thanks
baldo

RichSingapore

• Recent member
Re: how do I change the default items for a new playlist?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 10:31:43 pm »

Go to the new playlist, right click on any of the fields that are displayed and select/deselect accordingly. Tip: the field you right click on will automatically be at the top of the list for ease of selection.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 01:49:00 am »

If you are using a MC Client/Server setup, make the Playlist layout changes on the Server, and they will be loaded by the Client each time it opens the Server Library.

This is because while Playlist contents are synchronised between a Server and Client, Playlist layout changes are not synchronised. This is similar to View changes, which are not synchronised between the Server and its Clients, but must be made on the Server and then loaded by the Client when it loads the Server Library at startup.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

baldo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:18:07 am »

Go to the new playlist, right click on any of the fields that are displayed and select/deselect accordingly. Tip: the field you right click on will automatically be at the top of the list for ease of selection.

Thanks for this Rich, I already know how to do this.  Sorry that my question was not as  clear.  I want to stop having to do this every time I create a new playlist.  I want the set up to to be set once so that when I createa  new playlist I have my chosen fields instead of the default ones.

Or to put it another way, how do I change the default fields settings?

Many thanks

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:10:42 am »

If you are using a MC Client/Server setup, make the Playlist layout changes on the Server, and they will be loaded by the Client each time it opens the Server Library.

This is because while Playlist contents are synchronised between a Server and Client, Playlist layout changes are not synchronised. This is similar to View changes, which are not synchronised between the Server and its Clients, but must be made on the Server and then loaded by the Client when it loads the Server Library at startup.
this will always apply....

are you right clicking that header you have set up as you like (choose preset) then save it, make your new playlist, right click the header and (choose preset) look for the name you saved and choose it......is this what your talking about?

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 10:18:53 am »

are you right clicking that header you have set up as you like (choose preset) then save it, make your new playlist, right click the header and (choose preset) look for the name you saved and choose it......is this what your talking about?
The OP wants to have the new playlist be created with those columns from the saved preset automatically applied.

I dont think it's possible. The 'load the preset' route you describe is as close as we can get.

The only thing that might be worth experimenting with is...

Set the columns you want for the playlist group entry on the tree root, and there's a possibility that, having done that, all new child playlists created inside that group will (*might*) be made with the same columns.

I would test this theory myself, but can't at the moment... I'm sure I read something along those lines some years ago, but, I'm getting old so could well be imagining that ;)

baldo

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 11:29:05 am »

that's right. that is exactly what I want to do.

I am not sure how to change settings in the serve/client. not really sure what this means. I have MC on one machine at a time with speparate drives for the audio files for each version. I like it this way, dont want a central NAS just yet.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 05:08:46 pm »

I am not sure how to change settings in the serve/client. not really sure what this means.

That's alright. As you are running on one PC at a time, you aren't using Client/Server. My comment doesn't apply.

~OHM~ and Marko have given you the best solutions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up