INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android as DLNA Renderer  (Read 1317 times)

bmcm

• Recent member
JRiver for Android as DLNA Renderer
« on: February 08, 2019, 06:51:12 pm »

Can JRiver for Android be used as a DLNA renderer receiving streamed music from my PC running JRiver MC for Windows?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver for Android as DLNA Renderer
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 01:23:47 am »

Can JRiver for Android be used as a DLNA renderer receiving streamed music from my PC running JRiver MC for Windows?
Yes.

bmcm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 01:31:02 pm »

WOW - this is a game changer!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 02:37:01 pm »

I agree.  Any old phone can become a DLNA Renderer.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:08:34 am »

I agree.  Any old phone can become a DLNA Renderer.

Is there a minimum Android version required?  I just pulled out my old S4, with Android 5 on it.  Technically with an outdated non-Google OS (Cyanogenmod).  I installed JRiver and it didn't open.  This OS has all kinds of issues though, so I'm very hesitant to blame the app.

I was hoping to achieve what bmcm was asking about, putting an old phone somewhere just to render from JRiver.  Before i go through the work of putting it back to stock, should Android 5 work? 

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 10:14:53 am »

Is there a minimum Android version required?  I just pulled out my old S4, with Android 5 on it.  Technically with an outdated non-Google OS (Cyanogenmod).  I installed JRiver and it didn't open.  This OS has all kinds of issues though, so I'm very hesitant to blame the app.

I was hoping to achieve what bmcm was asking about, putting an old phone somewhere just to render from JRiver.  Before i go through the work of putting it back to stock, should Android 5 work?

I can't really comment on OS mods. Non-standard Android operating systems can have unique problems. However, the minimum supported version is Android 5.0 (Lollipop).

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 10:19:02 am »

I can't really comment on OS mods. Non-standard Android operating systems can have unique problems. However, the minimum supported version is Android 5.0 (Lollipop).

Yeah, I don't expect JRiver to support another android OS.  I put Cyanogenmod on this thing at some point to play with it, then threw it in a drawer and forgot about it.

I'll put it back to stock to see if I can get this to work.  Thanks for the confirmation!
Pages: [1]   Go Up