INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will My MediaCenter24 Automatically Upgrade to MediaCenter25 when released?  (Read 945 times)

dodgers1970

I have a MAC, just purchased MediaCenter25 for Mac.
Download takes me to MediaCenter24.
I enter license key, accepts my license key successfully.
Still on version 24.

Then I read that v25 comes out Feb 12. So, since I bought this version (site spells out v25 for Mac) for full price, I am entitled to the upgrade, yes? What do I need to do on Feb 12?

Also, feels really awful to Purchase the product for full price, follow instructions to download v24 and enter license key, and then read "Aw man, you should have downloaded the MediaPlayer FIRST and then click this Purchase button because from here, you get 30% off version 25."
Awful. Why not honor that everywhere? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your purchase.

You could read about MC25 here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119215.0.html

The discount is only for upgrade purchases.

blgentry

Dodgers1970:

I think you already know that your MC25 license will work with MC24 and MC25.  So you get both versions for the same price.  Or you could think of it like they give you MC24 so you can use it, learn it, and enjoy it until MC25 comes out.

When MC25 comes out, it will not automatically download or upgrade.  You'll need to download it manually, and then install it just like MC24.  Finally, MC25 will not copy your MC24 library.  You will need to do a Library Backup in MC24 and then a Library Restore in MC25.  It's really easy and will only take 20 seconds to do it.  Then all of your stuff from MC24 will be in MC25 as well.

Also, take heart:  MC25 will have some new features that MC24 does not have.  But nothing really big is changing.  MC25 and MC24 will be very, very similar.  Everything you learn about using MC24 will apply to MC25 as well.  JRiver doesn't do enormous overhauls or user interface changes every year.  This is quite the opposite of other large programs like MS Word for example.  MC has stayed mostly the same year after year after year.  That's actually one of it's enormous advantages.

So use MC24 and enjoy it.  It's going to be really close to what you get in a few months when MC25 is released.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

When MC25 comes out, it will not automatically download or upgrade.  You'll need to download it manually, and then install it just like MC24.  Finally, MC25 will not copy your MC24 library.  You will need to do a Library Backup in MC24 and then a Library Restore in MC25. 
MC25 should find your MC24 library and use it.  If not, there's a bug.
Pages: [1]   Go Up