INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge DAC connection dropping  (Read 584 times)

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
Bridge DAC connection dropping
« on: February 10, 2019, 12:52:54 am »

I am looking for suggestions for successful re-connection to my dac / bridge on the LAN when my laptop goes to sleep.

The problem was triggered by having “put hard-disk to sleep” in my Mac’s energy configuration ticked (preferences pane). It is not ticked now. But when I woke up my Mac laptop, MC would not re-find my bridge connection to my music player.

At times all I needed to do was go to the media disk icon on the desktop, eject it and re-connect using command + K (smb://DiskStation). Then 6 seconds later the bridge DAC would show up in MC.

More ofter, I would need to re-start the laptop, re-connect and restart MC. In a day’s listening I would have to reconnect around 5 times, restart and reconnect around 3 times.

All this is rather a nuisance. Is there an easier way to get the bridge DAC seen by MC? I have a static connection, and use a good quality switch.

Update: Just now I accidentally unplugged and replugged the LAN cable to the laptop, so the DAC disappeared from MC's view and has not returned.

Michael
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.
Pages: [1]   Go Up