INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo changes?  (Read 1513 times)

scrutinizer

• Recent member
Gizmo changes?
« on: February 12, 2019, 09:50:59 am »

I'll be happy to see the Gizmo android remote get some attention. It's been neglected for several years.
I'm using JRiver as an audio player only, controlled by Gizmo.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo changes?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:58:53 am »

What do you have in mind?

scrutinizer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 12:45:39 am »

What do you have in mind?

Well first of all it keeps crashing with large libraries on all devices and android versions. It starts slowing down while loading the covers, then starts skipping covers and eventually it crashes. It's 100% reproducible. I just relaunch it and continue but I lose my browsing position etc.

Also a worthy addition would be to show the disc number on albums composed of multiple discs.
Currently I just get one list that contains all tracks on an album with all its discs in sequence but I'm not able to tell which is which or when one ends & the next begins.
An option to play only one disc or a selected number of discs out of a single multi-disc album would be good too.

Thanks for looking into it! :)

biblio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 05:43:52 pm »

Well first of all it keeps crashing with large libraries on all devices and android versions. It starts slowing down while loading the covers, then starts skipping covers and eventually it crashes. It's 100% reproducible. I just relaunch it and continue but I lose my browsing position etc.

Also a worthy addition would be to show the disc number on albums composed of multiple discs.
Currently I just get one list that contains all tracks on an album with all its discs in sequence but I'm not able to tell which is which or when one ends & the next begins.
An option to play only one disc or a selected number of discs out of a single multi-disc album would be good too.

Thanks for looking into it! :)

Could the cover art itself be an issue?

I had embedded art that would crash the audio system in my car when trying to play, replaced the art with a new file and it didn't happen again.

cabu8803

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 06:21:05 am »

Add individual tracks to Playing Now
Remove individual tracks from Playing Now feature.

regards

scrutinizer

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 10:03:03 am »

Could the cover art itself be an issue?

I had embedded art that would crash the audio system in my car when trying to play, replaced the art with a new file and it didn't happen again.

No. All the covers load just fine after restarting Gizmo and it's never an issue with a specific cover. Only the amount of time spent browsing in the app. It'll start "stuttering" - skipping album or track covers at random and eventually crash no matter what.

scrutinizer

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 11:44:59 pm »

When viewing an album's tracks, it would be nice to have the option to show the "Artist" & The "Composer".
Currently when I look the tracks I have no way to know the artist in albums with multiple artists under one "album Artist", and the Composer tag isn't shown at all except in browsing categories.

It would also be nice to have more details in search results. I'd like to see what album a track belongs to & the artist's name. for example.

wolffe

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 03:29:09 am »

Adding the ability to specify an ip address or fqdn and using ssl would be killer.

Also a way to turn of automatic pause for calls would be nice, too.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 07:53:35 am »

Adding the ability to specify an ip address or fqdn and using ssl would be killer.
You can enter those instead of an Access Key.  Please read the Gizmo topic on the wiki.

scrutinizer

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 06:59:09 am »

Any hope?

*fingers crossed*

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up