INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tab shows 2x parent location, not actual folder  (Read 998 times)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Tab shows 2x parent location, not actual folder
« on: February 15, 2019, 12:29:25 pm »

In a 'Category' view based on 'Location' (folder path), when I navigate down a folder structure the tab title shows the parent location twice in a row, instead of the current folder name...
For example (see image below), my music location is 'M:\Music' and has a subfolder named 'Klassik' (German for 'Classical', easy to guess ;-), when I open a subfolder, insted of showing the name of that folder, the tab title shows 'Klassik' twice...     Is there a solution for this?
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

swiv3d

Re: Tab shows 2x parent location, not actual folder
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 07:34:27 pm »

Need to know what your view settings are - otherwise diagnosing this could be difficult.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 02:58:30 pm »

Need to know what your view settings are - otherwise diagnosing this could be difficult.

OK, so the view's settings are 'Categories', list style is 'Thumbnails'. The base file path is "M:\Musik\" where I have subfolders named by music genre, e.g. "Rock, Pop, Jazz, Classical" etc, containing folders for artists and albums. As a result, the view shows me tiles (thumbs) representing the contents of each subfolder level, and double clicking a tile takes me to the next folder level beneath...

The image I posted shows the content of the folder 'Mozart', so the full path (shown in the tab title bar) should read "M:\Musik > Classical > Mozart"...
To be exact, I've just checked again, and it actually does show the right path when I first navigate to it, but when I go back (upwards) it tends to forget the current location, so simply repeats the parent folder name...

Hope this helps ;-)
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 11:01:34 am »

Just to help resolving this error -- I found out that tab titles show the correct folder path as long as you navigate downwards (from top to sub folders); only when you go back up (using the back button or key) will the path be 'corrupted', that is showing the top folder name twice instead of current folder name...    Really hope this makes more sense now... ;-))

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 12:45:16 pm »

I can't get this to happen - there must be something in the way you have customized the view which is different to all the things I have tried. Sorry.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 01:11:23 pm »

Well, but thanks for trying! Just for curiosity, what does your 'tab' title look like with a view set up simliar to mine. When you navigate down and up, does it always show the correct path?

Maybe the behaviour also depends on the number of 'tabs', or if you have the 'Split View' option enabled...(otherwise there's no tabs at all, are there)?

swiv3d

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 02:12:32 pm »

Just had a play with the Files view, changing it to a category view - and in that you do get repetition of the foldername when you go back up the tree. So it looks like a bug somewhere in the file view. (I had set up an independent locations view from scratch and that doesn't misbehave). Split view doesn't need to be on to get the effect.

EDIT: In fact with the file view set up as category, if you click backwards and forwards in the breadcrumb trail the program crashes without warning.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 02:53:46 pm »

Glad I asked again, now we're getting somewhere... I'm not using the breadcrumbs to navigate though, just the keyboard (arrows to select, enter to open, back button etc). Categories really make for completely different view than columns, for example, where you're rather filtering than navigating back & forth... Not that easy to keep all these working correctly in any setup I guess... ;-)

swiv3d

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 03:03:35 pm »

I normally always use a panes view.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 03:20:10 pm »

So they're called 'panes' in English... using the German UI, I just translated the term backwards to English where it means 'columns'... Perhaps the most practical, and most popular view scheme... I prefer to see album covers on top, then 'fanned thumbnails' give me a good idea of what's inside... (on mouse hover ;-) Really nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up