INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discography and Album Type  (Read 1175 times)

jamboxjay

Discography and Album Type
« on: February 18, 2019, 10:57:19 am »

Hi there!
I've searched the forums, Google, FAQ and search bar to find a way to list all albums by an artist and then be able to show which ones I have and which ones I still need/want?
I posted this question back in 2017 but was told to post in the forum. I thought I did that.

I would also like to know how to annotate album type if an album is studio, bootleg, live, compilation, import or other type of release?

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
Re: Discogrphy and Album Type
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 11:11:41 am »

Dear jamboxjay, sorry I have now clue what you mean with your first question.

Second question; just add a new column in the audio view - e.g. "comment" - there you can add everything what you like.
Wake up and slow down 😴

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 01:35:53 pm »

Hi there!
I've searched the forums, Google, FAQ and search bar to find a way to list all albums by an artist and then be able to show which ones I have and which ones I still need/want?
afaik MC don't do this....I use a website called Discogs to do this...it's free...https://www.discogs.com/
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 04:01:35 am »

Shame MC doesn't interface with discogs and get this information. It would be nice to get a list of missing albums etc.

Ross

MikeO

Re: Discography and Album Type
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 07:55:29 am »

or MusicBrainz.com

Free as well

jamboxjay

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 08:59:17 am »

Hi Guys,

So, I have a fairly large library and like to collect all the albums by each artist. I have around 800 thousand songs.

I like to curate and organize, i have spent nearly a decade cleaning up the meta-data, tags and info so that the music is highly organized.

My vinyl collection is organized by genre and then alphabetical. i have around 5 thousand albums, ok I'm a bit OCD.

I can look on discogs or wiki to see all the albums that were issued, I can use MC to then organize which albums I already have but MC does not allow me to list the albums I don't have.
I simply want to be able to database this info and start searching/acquiring the missing albums.

Can I just add a line in the current view list and fill the info for the missing info?

I can cut and paste all the info from discogs or wiki, I just need to be able to add a line, right?

Also, how can I annotate album description to include additional info, for example: original label release, re-issue, recorded from vinyl, import, bootleg, catalog #, country of origin, compilation, issue date, remaster etc..?

I realize i can just add comments and add my own info, but why are these not features already available, and if they are, how do i enable these?

Do the guys at YABB or the coder guys at MC take emails or calls?  Like a tech support hot line?

Thank you to MikeO, OHM and The Big Labinski for your reply so for. ;D

Thanks

MikeO

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:42:57 am »

you can set up Custom Tags for these items then include those tags in you views

for example i have a Album Version tag such as SACD , then i redine the album as [album] [albumversion] so i get Brothers in Arms SACD

is this what you want?

check the Wiki maybe

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up