INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reinstalled JRiver 24 after a computer reformat  (Read 738 times)

megasoidmurry

• Recent member
reinstalled JRiver 24 after a computer reformat
« on: February 19, 2019, 04:29:33 pm »

After a Computer reformat I reinstalled JRiver media 24. I'm noticing the following: Clipping on music using the DSP studio to amplify tracks. I've used the following settings for years: Living Room #1 setting. Subwoofer 15, Preamp 7.5, Bass up 1.5 or flat and midrange down 1.5. I'm now noticing clipping of the tracks at any Preamp setting from 0 to 7.5. Any comments on what could be happening. As I said I've used your product for years to amplify my music to send to my IPODs.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: reinstalled JRiver 24 after a computer reformat
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 05:49:11 pm »

Did you keep a Library Backup from before you did the reformat, and if so, did you Restore that backup including settings, or did you just re-enter all the settings?

If you re-entered all the settings, and you still have a recent Library Backup, you may want to try Restoring that backup to see if the issue still exists. Make sure to do a current backup of the Library in its current condition before you do, so you can go back to it if required. Just in case the old backup doesn't work, is too old, or whatever.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

megasoidmurry

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 07:07:27 pm »

I did not make a backup of the JRiver before I restored. An interesting point is that I've tried to load 22 and 23 and the issue exists in both. Been using JRiver for years and never encountered this with a reformat.

Thank goodness I have all the files of the music I've previously encoded over the years. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 07:10:03 pm »

It's not the change to MC24 that is the problem.  It's probably how you have it set up.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 07:28:42 pm »

MC automatically makes backups of the Library in use on a regular basis.

If you have any recent backup of the drive that you reformatted, then there would be a Library backup in that disk backup. Read https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup

MC Library backups include settings, and so such a backup would include the settings that previously worked for you. As Jim says, you have something set up wrong if you are getting clipping. Something is different to the way you used to have MC set up.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up