INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has something changed with version .75 of MC 24 as far as TV?  (Read 1728 times)

Charlie T.

• Recent member
  • Owned by 2 Scotties
Has something changed with version .75 of MC 24 as far as TV?
« on: February 19, 2019, 06:14:56 pm »

Every since I updated to the .75 version of MC 24, my tv tuner will not work.  There are two problems that I have:  1. 'tuner not available . . .'; 2. MC will see the tuner, but scan produces no channels.

I sent a file to one of the admins who had answered another questions with similar issues.  Was told that I need 2 tuners if I want a scheduler, though I had not had 2 tuner when it was working before.  I was told to run of pre-run of scheduler to free the tuner: no effect.

I removed all of the software for the Hauppauge 1600 tuner and MC found the tuner.  The scan produces no channels.  Reinstalled the Hauppauge software and I it scanned the usual 53 channels for the Seattle area.  Back to MC and tuner is not available.

So, I bought an AVer H837 TV/FM USB type.  Same thing.  Either the tuner is not available to MC with AVer software present or there is no channels found.

I put both in the computer.  MC sees both tuners but no channels.

Please remember this was a working system before this MC version.  Windows 10 Pro 64bit with Xeon hexcore processor and all current Windows 10 updates (actually too many updates of Windows, along with their constant restarts.)
The other functions MC 24 seem fine.  I have just lost the TV function.

My zeal in fixing this is that PRISM does not care all PBS subchannels and the area's 2nd PBS stations.  Between this absence in PRISM, I am frequently recording from MC to watch these missing channels.  Secondly, none of the Canadian channels are on PRISM and there are 6 I can receive with MC and the Hauppauge tuner.

I am sure I am missing a step or there is something wrong with version .75 television.  The only MC thing I have not done was try to install an older version, but I have cleared all of them out readying for MC 25.

Charlie-Seattle, WA
Charlie
Ocean Shores, WA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Has something changed with version .75 of MC 24 as far as TV?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 06:28:16 pm »

Please double check your setup.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/TV_Setup

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 07:19:46 pm »

This was my reply to your email inquiry:

Thanks for the log file.  It appears that the tuner get stuck in "Initializing" state (the log says the tuner state is 11).  If you go to Standard Television view, and click "Show status", you might find it saying the status is "Initializing".

One known cause of that is previous EPG setup.  Run "Load Program Guide..." and uncheck "Automatically load the program guide every day in the background".  You may also consider deleting the EPG mode listed in the list, especially the OTA one.

I hope this will solve the problem.  If you still have trouble, feel free to post on the forum.

Thanks for using JRiver Media Center.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 08:38:07 am »

A tuner can only tune to one channel at a given time.  Therefore you can not expect it to do multiple things simultaneously.  For example, with a single tuner device, you can not watch a channel live while recording another channel, nor can you record two shows at the same time.  Other than that, a single tuner device will be just fine.

With a single tuner device, you should avoid using Over-the-air EPG option because that requires the tuner to perform EPG scan which can take 30 minutes or more.  Use mc2xml option for EPG instead.

If you previously setup MC to use Over-the-air EPG option, and you try to re-setup TV options, MC may end up trying to use the tuner for EPG while you try to scan for channels.  This appears to be a bug which I should try fixing.  In the meantime you should first go to TV Options and run "Load Program Guide..." tool to turn off EPG scan before you run Setup again.

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 04:33:20 am »

Hi Yaobing,

Thank you.  Solved.  It would be good if the program could be edited to default to no EPG when setting up.  It is not obvious that this would be a problem.
Thanks again!

Tim Green

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 07:53:43 am »

Yes, I am working on fixing this issue.  I will make sure the fix gets in MC25.

Caper

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 10:41:29 am »

I am doing a fresh install on Win10 and using MC24 build .78.
When tryng to scan for channels MC say the device is busy or unavailable.
Tried without using epg at all but same thing occur.
Using other software like DVB Dream, no problem scanning channels.
Sigh...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 11:12:15 am »

Can you try MC25?

Does your device have only one tuner?  Please check "Show Status" and "TV Logs" in standard view and find out what is said about the tuner(s)?

Caper

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 02:02:46 pm »

I only have license for 24.
Only one tuner.

But hey, under status I found 3 tuners?
All same but one analogue and 2 digital.
Chosed one digital and performing a new scan and it seems to be working.

Report back later when scanning is done.

Edit: The tuner I have supports dvb-t, dvb-c and those showed up under status, strange enough also a third, analog?
Anyway, scanning is done and now loading epg OTA.
Seems to be ok.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 09:34:37 pm »

In  MC's log you may find the number of different types of tuners, bda (digital), WDM (analog), and DLNA.  Video capture devices and camera devices count as "analog".
Pages: [1]   Go Up