INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need my old licenses emailed to me soon  (Read 645 times)

wellywu

• World Citizen
I need my old licenses emailed to me soon
« on: February 23, 2019, 02:21:01 am »

Dear JRiver:

If my recollection is correct, then there should be payment history on my account for JRiver Media Center from version 18 up to 24. Currently, I copied JRiver Media Center 24 and 25 Master Licenses to my password managers within secure notes just in case I need to re-license this software product again. I do not have the license keys for previous versions. I need someone from JRiver to email my old licenses again. The reason why I am requesting this information is due to the fact that I placed my Amazon order for a new QNAP TS-251B-4G-US network attached storage enclosure with two Seagate Ironwolf Pro 2TB 7200 RPM 128 MB cache NAS hard disk drives. According to my research, the QNAP HD Station has the JRiver app available. I am not yet sure if I need to purchase this software product from QNAP via their HD Station or if I can download and install this app and enter my license key for whichever version of JRiver Media Center is currently available via the QNAP HD Station because I have not received my Amazon package yet; it should be delivered this weekend to my apartment. Ultimately, I want to be able to install, license and use JRiver Media Center to setup the Media Server feature off of my QNAP NAS so I can utilize it as a dedicated streaming box at home or when I travel. In any case, I want to be prepared as well as to save my own money should I need my old JRiver license keys via the QNAP HD Station and JRiver Media Center app. Please honor my request soon. Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: I need my old licenses emailed to me soon
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 07:59:50 am »

On the Restore Page, please try changing your email address.  It's option #3.  If you have trouble, mail me your details.  jimh at jriver.

AndrewFG's advice is correct.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119636.msg827223.html#msg827223

You could also just use an ordinary low powered computer to serve files.  The JRiver Id would work.  A NAS is a computer.

wellywu

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 08:09:06 am »

I got my licenses emailed to me, but could you reset my licenses for JRiver Media Center 24 because it shows I have two restores leftover. I might need more than two available restores leftover tomorrow because my QNAP and Seagate HDDs should be delivered by 8 PM. Since I am new to QNAP and JRiver Docker containers, I might need some trial and error. I shall see tomorrow.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 08:58:02 am »

You can use the Install Key file that's being mailed to you to activate Media Center for 14 days, without needing a new restore. That way you have plenty freedom to test and explore.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up