INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import previously removed files  (Read 609 times)

jakoboutzen

• Recent member
Import previously removed files
« on: February 23, 2019, 02:22:10 am »

How to I "re-" import previously deleted files?
History: I have all my music for the jriver MC in one folder (folderMC). I placed a couple of albums into another folder(folderX) at another location on my harddrive and did the import, thinking that MC would also move the files into folderMC - so when I found out that the files were still sitting in the folderX, I moved the files manually!
MC then removed the library entries (because it could not find the files). I obviously want the entries back into my library, however when I try to manually import them via "File-Library- Import" and point to the specific folder within the folderMC it searches but do not import any files. Have tried removing the checkmark from auto-import options "ignore files previously removed from library", closing and reopening the jriver MC, however still wont import.
Can anybody help? 
(Im running the MC 23)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import previously removed files
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 07:56:53 am »

How to I "re-" import previously deleted files?
In the auto import options, please look for the check box at the bottom.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import previously removed files
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 03:57:17 pm »

Jim's suggestion should have worked, but I see you have already tried it.

Create a View that shows the contents of the "Removed" database. Search the forum for "Removed" for more information.

Then find the files in the Removed database and delete them from that database. Then Re-import.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up