INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Missing" TV Episode Numbers  (Read 953 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
"Missing" TV Episode Numbers
« on: February 23, 2019, 02:18:33 pm »

@Yaobing:  There's at least one TV show that I record, "Behind The B", that doesn't get an episode number set in JRiver Media Center, but does in Windows Media Center using the same SchedulesDirect guide via the EPG123 program, so I'm pretty sure the underlying guide data is the same.  For an episode that's recording right now, I see program ID of "EP01785705.0077" in Media Center and WMC is recording it as "Episode 77".  Would it be possible to update the TV recording info to use those last 4 digits (trimming leading 0's) as the episode number when there isn't otherwise an episode number in the guide data?  That would help a bit in sorting and avoiding recording duplicate episodes.

Thanks!

greynolds

Re: "Missing" TV Episode Numbers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 08:03:28 am »

After giving this some more thought, I figured out a way to grab the value from the Program ID field automatically.  In the recording rule, I added a new entry to the Apply These Tags section:

RemoveCharacters(Right([Program ID], 4),0,1)

The apply only if field is empty checkbox is checked just in case the guide data starts to include actual season episode numbers.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:40:58 am »

Good solution.

I thought about your suggestion, but I am not sure it would make sense doing it internally.  It would work for episode IDs written in that particular format, but that depends on who supply the EPG data.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

greynolds

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 09:45:01 am »

Good solution.
Thanks!

I thought about your suggestion, but I am not sure it would make sense doing it internally.  It would work for episode IDs written in that particular format, but that depends on who supply the EPG data.
Yeah, that makes sense.  One could theoretically handle different ID formats internally based on the selected source for guide data.  It would work great until the guide source decided to change the format... :)  As long as it can be accomplished via configuration, there's really no need to handle it internally anyway.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 04:29:04 pm »

After giving this some more thought, I figured out a way to grab the value from the Program ID field automatically.  In the recording rule, I added a new entry to the Apply These Tags section:

RemoveCharacters(Right([Program ID], 4),0,1)

The apply only if field is empty checkbox is checked just in case the guide data starts to include actual season episode numbers.

Amazing how some people can come up with the correct usage of those formulas...
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]
Pages: [1]   Go Up