INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: album art cache? problem  (Read 1254 times)

ddow

• Recent member
album art cache? problem
« on: February 26, 2019, 03:52:41 am »

Hello, using 24.0.75 64bit Windows 7. I went to the audio/albums list. The pane on the right shows thumbnails of all of the albums in my collection. If I scroll down the page, a few of the albums have a thumbnail that is very disturbing to me, it is my credit card number!

I have gone to each of the albums where it shows and "remove cover art". I looked at all of the jpg files in both the media directory and on the C drive of my system (system files unhidden.) I found no instances of this jpg under the media directory. I did find some copies of it under: c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\J River\Media Center 24\Cover Art\Albums. I deleted all of them and rebooted the computer. Still the problem persists.

If I open audio/albums there are some more images of my credit card. I cannot find where they are stored. The images do seem to appear on uncommon albums, probably ones with no image art or entries in online databases, so it is as though JRiver has put this in as a default cover art; though there are plenty of albums where the only image is the big "note" graphic. The only mechanism that I can understand how this might have happened is I had JRiver open and my credit card was in the paste buffer and I accidentally pasted it over some album.

Any suggestions? It is really concerning when I open my database and there's my credit card number staring at me. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: album art cache? problem
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 06:21:51 am »

If there is no cover art in the track, in some cases, MC will use other art it finds in the folder. 

If you can find the name of one, you could try using Explorer to search the whole machine for it.

ddow

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 02:08:42 am »

Hi. Thanks for thinking about this. I have the album "Shoes for Industry" by Firesign Theatre. Here is the album view in JR (with suitable redactions) and a view of the folder that the library was rebuilt from last night. You can see most of my albums have reasonable cover art, and the folder does contain cover art that is not showing. The other disk of Shoes has the same cover art, and Baroque Masterpieces also has cover art. My original statement that these folders don't have cover art was incorrect for these examples. Also, I did a full disk scan for "*.jpg" and looked at every file. My credit card does not show up anywhere (though it could be another image format.)

Maybe this belongs in the "Weird and wonderful..." category. I can just uninstall the program, delete the library and reinstall and rebuild. But thought I'd pass it along in case it comes up again.

Thanks.

Spike1000

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 02:21:59 am »

My thoughts on this; although weird they will be a logical explanation. . .  ?

As files can have multiple pieces of embedded album art I'd open the suspicious tracks in MP3tag and look for more than one piece of embedded artwork.

I'd then re-import the affected files and I'd rebuild thumbnails in MC. . . .

Spike

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 03:14:24 pm »

I can just uninstall the program, delete the library and reinstall and rebuild. But thought I'd pass it along in case it comes up again.

Don't do that. It is very unlikely to fix the problem. As Spike says, the image of your Credit Card number is probably embedded in the audio file itself, so reinstalling and reimporting will just put it back into MC. Didn't Apple use to put CC data into purchased audio files at one stage, as an image, as part of its DRM?

Anyway, you could try what Spike suggested. Also if you looked in the Cover Art and Audio file locations and didn't find an image, based on the images you posted the CC image is in the Thumbnail database, probably from an earlier time. Just rebuilding Thumbnails may get rid of it.

PS: A search for "*.jpg *.png" would cover all formats MC uses for Cover Art. But I don't think you will find the image on disk. It will be inside the files or only in the Thumbnail database.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ddow

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 02:38:11 am »

Hello again,

I did not nuke the program and library.  I unselected "also store image in the file's tag." No change. I rebuilt thumbnails; still there. I obtained MP3tag and ran it on several folders, no images were associated with any of the files.  I then manually went to the Firesign Theatre albums and tried "quick find in file / cover art directory" and it was able to recover the correct image. I now have only one album showing the incorrect image which I am leaving alone for the moment. Interestingly, I went to a commercial (though obscure) album that did not have album art showing and selected album art -> get from internet. No dice, the cover art it was offering me was one of the screenshots I sent in last night! I guess it just grabs the first image it finds? If I have further problems I will post but I can probably deal with any new instances on a case by case basis.

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 05:17:20 am »

You could set up a test library and import all images on your machine.  If the file is there, you'll be able to use right click > locate to find it.  If it isn't, then it's embedded in an audio file somewhere.
Pages: [1]   Go Up