INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Last Played' tag - tweakable to store previously played dates/time as well?  (Read 794 times)

Negasonic

• World Citizen

I'd like to be able to see all the dates/times I have played an album/song. Not only for the last time I played it.

I do not know how to accomplish this, though.

Is it possible to have the info automatically being copied (after each play) to a custom multi-value field, or something?

Any ideas?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Not sure if there is a way to do this with the expression language or custom library fields, but you can track your "played dates" using the built-in last.fm scrobbler.

Negasonic

• World Citizen

Thanks for the input, BryanC.

Accomplishing this within MC seems... problematic.

I have a "last played" type of view which displays all albums I've played since first installing MC a couple of years ago and its fun sometimes to go back and see what you listened to exactly one years ago, or check a specific date and time of the day to see what, if any, music you were listening to. But that info is of course not totally accurate (unless you never play a music file more than once) since the tracks will be removed and moved up on the timeline next time you play them.

What was the first song you listened to in year - - ?
When was the very first time you listened to the album --- ?
etc
etc

It would be great if there was a way to keep and store this info.
Nerd stats? Hell yes. But I like those things.

Any expression wizards out there that can whip up a formula? Or is this a dead end?
Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

We've tried in the past and, it can't be done. [Number Plays] is for all time and that's all we have without a history field linked to [last played].

If we had that, it would be interesting to see how 'most played' changes year on year. Would probably make for a neat smartlist too...

Sadly, we don't have that (yet?) :D

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up