INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New To MC24 need help with configuration.  (Read 501 times)

Teddyboy

New To MC24 need help with configuration.
« on: March 01, 2019, 12:11:11 am »

Hi everyone,

I really like the software so I bought it. My requirements are very simple at this time. All my ripped Music, DVDs, and Blu-Rays are kept on a Essentials 2016 Server. All computers that are attached to the domain have access to the shares which includes the htpc that MC is installed on. DVDs and Blu-Rays are ripped as folder structures straight from the discs. Music is ripped to MP3s.

MC24 has so many options it’s a little confusing to me. I don’t know where to start. I’ve read the wiki, but I haven’t found it very helpful. It’s also out of date. In the wiki, MC has a media library server and media library client paradigm. I can see were this could be very comprehensive way of keeping the clients in sync with any changes in the media database. Pushing changes out to the clients for additions, subtractions, renaming etc. I don’t think I really need that given that I only have one htpc.

I want MC to see and play my media from the available shares on my server. Do I import it?

Teddyboy

Re: New To MC24 need help with configuration.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 12:28:05 am »

I figured it out. Right when I post a question I manage to get it going. MC is smarter then I am  ;D. MC is smart enough to figure out what is importing when creating the library. If it’s video it puts it in that category, music puts it in the proper category. I still have some cleanup to do on the meta data and artwork. I’m coming from MCE and MyMovies. Boxed sets and tv series just worked and I could jump to any episode in a tv series. Boxed sets show up as individual discs which I don’t like. Music is in better shape then movies but that needs to be cleaned up as well. Wendy Carlos switched on Bach is a good example of a boxed set that need to be put into one heading. At least it’s working, and  once I adjust theater view to reduce some of the options that I don’t need in the interface nor do I want someone deleting something from the library or the server for that matter.

I’m going to have a lot more questions as I’ve never really had to update music or movies, but I think now I can really get it the way I want it. Theatre view is really slick. I’m happy that I bought the software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up