INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic display change: LG Oled (b6) loses Trumotion/RealCinema options  (Read 1892 times)

Jappie

• Recent member

My setup: LG Oled 55b6 + Intel NUC7i5BNH + Windows 10 + JRiver MC24. Everything up-to-date.

I use RO-HQ with 'automatic display change' and it works fine, except for 1 thing: LG Oled loses the options Trumotion and Real Cinema. In Intel Graphics Control Panel I see that the refresh rate has changed correctly but also the SCALING has changed to 'Scale Full Screen'.

On Windows 7 everything is perfect, LG Oled options are preserved.

I know that display modes WITH Trumotion/RealCinema are limited on LG Oled. In Intel Graphics Control Panel I can select several refreshrates (23p, 24p, 25p, 29p, 30p, 50i, 50p, 59i, 60i) but Scaling must always be 'Maintain Display Scaling' to have Trumotion available. Other TV brands with similar 'smooth motion' options also have limited display modes for these options. This means that on Windows 10 thousands of tv-owners never get more then basic refresh rates and don't have access to sophisticated motion options on their tv? Probably yes...

So: I wonder if 'Scale Full Screen' can be prevented or changed to 'Maintain Display Scaling' (Windows 10) when using 'automatic display change' ?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

We just instruct Windows to change the display mode to the mode selected in Media Center, we don't have any direct influence on any driver-specific settings.
You could try to switch from Automatic Display Mode changing to Custom, and ensure the correct modes are being selected that you know work (both resolution and refresh)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe

I have also an LG OLED and I use Custom Refresh Rates.  So far no problems but I have NVIDIA Graphics.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Jappie

• Recent member

We just instruct Windows to change the display mode to the mode selected in Media Center, we don't have any direct influence on any driver-specific settings.
You could try to switch from Automatic Display Mode changing to Custom, and ensure the correct modes are being selected that you know work (both resolution and refresh)
Thank you for responding. Good to know that the scaling-issue is not caused by MC automatic display mode changing.
Most of the 'Custom display modes' do not work (Audio issue), only MadVR display mode changing works. For best video playback I change refresh rate in Intel Graphics Control Panel...
From Manfred's response I learn that it's probably a Intel Graphics issue. I will ask Intel about this scaling behaviour.

Jappie

• Recent member

Intel has tried to replicate my display-mode issue. Without success. You can read about it here: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004GfLhSSAV/display-mode-changing-refresh-rate-also-changes-display-scaling-can-this-be-prevented?language=en_US
In the end I found a way to make my Intel NUC and LG Oled function the way it should. I can confirm now that LG Oled B6 can function perfectly with JRiver automatic refresh changing in both 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 resolution. Options like Trumotion are always available on LG Oled.
Pages: [1]   Go Up