INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.175 available  (Read 2933 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.0.175 available
« on: May 19, 2003, 09:54:03 am »

Media Center 9.0.175 is available:    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9.exe  

History:
1. Fixed: Media Center was failing to submit new CDs to YADB.
2. Fixed: Media Center would crash if append file command was used from Windows Explorer.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Media Center 9.0.175 available
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 10:27:13 am »

I just downloaded .175 but it installed 9.169.  ??

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 10:50:56 am »

I just downloaded .175 but it installed 9.169.

IE's cache is getting you.  Flush the cache or use MC's "Check for Updates".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 11:06:16 am »

Thanks Matt, that got it

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 12:23:29 pm »

I just got the famous MC crashing when paused bug.  I have never experienced before but can now confirm it is a reality.  Put MC on pause, went downstairs for a bout 5 minutes came back up, unpaused MC and it started playing the same second over and over in a continuous loop.  Only way to stop it was to kill MC.  MC was not in the foreground all the time it as paused if that helps...sys info below

Adam

Media Center Registered 9.0.175 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1539 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 145 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: MITSUMI  CR-48X9TE          Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ConTrail

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 12:55:36 pm »

Yes, it annoys the crap out of me, especcially since i often pause MC while watching movie clips..

My experience is that MC must be out of focus a little while before this can happen, but then again, it happens rarely and can be just a coincidence.

good luck on improving a great program!  ;D

Spiffy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2003, 01:09:11 pm »

Ok, so I've got an odd one here I think. Might or might now be a bug. I have songs in my Playing Now list. I stop it from playing, or it stops on its' own when it reaches the end of the list. If I go to the artist list and select a new song to play, it starts playing the last song that is highlighted in the Playing Now list. I have the double click behavior set to "Add to Playing Now (play now)" which I would think would add it right after the highlighted entry and then start playing the new entry. Instead, it just adds it and starts playing the highlighted entry rather than the song that I just added. Is this a bug or I am misunderstanding the behavior of the "Add to Playing Now(play now)" option that I have selected?

Media Center Registered 9.0.175 -- Z:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 641 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 240 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2003, 01:37:16 pm »

It's not a bug, though I consider it one.

Lets say you've got 10 tracks in playing now. You've heard 8 of them, then you stop playback. You go back to Media Library and dbl click on a track. If you've got dbl click behavior set to "add to playing now (end)" then rather than playing that track MC starts at #1 and progresses downward, replaying everything you've just heard. I've said before that the proper behavior for MC in a stopped state is to dump the contents of PN when files are added via dbl clicking. I've had to change the way I use MC versus the way I used MJ.

10-27

Spiffy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2003, 01:53:33 pm »

Thanks for the info! I guess I will have to do the same and adjust my way of thinking. I guess the part that throws me off is that if I'm playing the list in Playing Now and I double click the song in the Artist list to be added, it does add it right after the highlighted song AND it starts playing it. I was thinking that the stopped behavior should be the same. Thanks for the clarification.

dkspiller

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2003, 02:40:54 pm »

I upgraded from an earlier beta version of 9.0 which worked fine.  Now, when I attempt to rip a CD, as soon as I hit start the application (and my entire computer) freezes.  Any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2003, 03:41:29 pm »

I upgraded from an earlier beta version of 9.0 which worked fine.  Now, when I attempt to rip a CD, as soon as I hit start the application (and my entire computer) freezes.  Any suggestions?

Reboot and reinstall.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2003, 09:07:57 pm »

Just my opinion about this double-click-behaviour: I personally agree, that this should be treated as a bug, not feature: If I _stopped_ playback and dblclk on a new songs, I would expect this newly clicked at song to play just at that time. If I would like to play the song again I stopped before, I simply would click "play".

So I think the handling should be:

- Stop: Remember song, set playback engine to start of this song
- Click on Play: Play at last remembered song
- DblClk on Song: If option "Add to playing now (play now)" select, dump the remembered position and set it to the beginning of this new song - then the same as "click on play"

This shouldn't be to hard, is it?

Markus

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2003, 06:15:50 am »

Congratulations on having completed MC9!
   Since I started using MJ V7 it was always the only real all in one product, the support is great, You really listen to Your customers, the program works stable and fast and what's most important to me, is: It's unbelievebly versatile. (Though I'm still anxiously waiting for an alarm clock plugin so it could completely replace my stereo....) Great job!

Still I have some problems which might or might not be bugs:

1) All over in different mp3-directories on my disk I found more than 1200 files with the extension .mp3.XXXXXX
   They all have the same name as an .mp3-file in the same directory except the additional ".XXXXXX". Nearly all have a size of 0 or 1 kb, only some have a few Mb.
   They seem to vanish when I play the related .mp3-file in MC, give it a rating and stop it.
   What are those files and how can I get rid of them. Is there any important information stored in those files?

2) Many Musepack encoded files (.mpc) won't play anymore. This is the case since some more builds ago. Some play fine. For others MC shows a length of "31165:17:44" (always exactly this number). I cannot imagine the files are broken because I encoded them myself and they used to play fine.
   Has the .mpc-plugin changed over the last 50 bulids? (Maybe  the problem came up even before and I didn't notice.)

Thanks!
   -Markus

Media Center Registered 9.0.175 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1530 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 329 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:44  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

dkspiller

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2003, 07:11:14 pm »

Reboot and reinstall.

Tried both several times with several different CDs.  Still freezes entirely upon hitting start to rip.

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2003, 12:00:00 am »

I've installed 9.0.175 and have been having repeated problems when MC attempts to access YADB.  Last night I ripped 4 CD's and MC crashed the first time it tried to access YADB for each CD. When I started MC9 up again it was able to read the CD and I was able to rip as normal.

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 03:29:49 am »

Only Good news: ;)

With the new Track Info Plugin my issue with the new way of accessing the tags is gone:

To access the Custom1 and Custom2 fields now using
TrackInfo_Insert(Custom 1)
TrackInfo_Insert(Custom 2)
works great.

No more need to use TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM1, TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM2.

The other tag names can all be found here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/DevZone/Track%20Info.html

Thanks Guys.
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

JohnT

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 04:54:42 am »

Tried both several times with several different CDs.  Still freezes entirely upon hitting start to rip.

Do you have DirectCD or InCD running? Also, please post your system info here (from the help menu in MC).

If you email me, I can help troubleshoot the problem and hopefully get to the root cause.

Thanks.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

LisaRCT

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 07:03:34 am »

I tried to set "Gridlines' to be visible but while the option is there under 'Tree View' in Options . . . it is Unavailable (cannot be checked).
Don't know when or why this happened . . .  bug?

nila

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2003, 07:58:24 am »

Latest build and my playlists mysteriously disappeared after I spent a while building some of them :(

Also found this bug:

View Scheme Goup  : Video's : Dance
Search Criteria: filename=[O:\Video's\Dance Videos

View scheme inside this: Event/Troupe
If I go into the node (unassigned) I get ALL my files showing up with this as the search criteria displayed: ([Event]=[]) (filename=[O:\Video's\Dance Videos)

All the nodes with events work fine but I'm guessing that's because of the event only matching for these files. Not because the filename part is matching
Pages: [1]   Go Up