INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silicondust tuner not found  (Read 1304 times)

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
Silicondust tuner not found
« on: March 23, 2019, 05:09:09 pm »

SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime tuners cannot be found to be setup for television viewing. Options for firewall access and DLNA settings confirmed to be as required. All tuners available through the SiliconDust program, so it's not that. This is the main purpose of having MC, so this problem is crippling.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Silicondust tuner not found
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 06:36:23 pm »

I'm assuming that you have found and used the Wiki for the HD HomeRun tuners: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/TV_Tuners#HDHomeRun

If that doesn't help, there have been some threads with similar questions in the past, a search may find the answer. While I don't use a HD HomeRun Prime tuner, I know they depend on DLNA to find them, so that MC can use them, so my recent experience may help.

I have been unable for ages to get my Sony TV to show up in MC as a Dynamic Zone, as a DLNA Renderer. Other applications could see the TV and play to it. The TV could see MC Servers and play from them. But my MC installations refused to see the TV.

However, I reconfigured my network a couple of days ago, and this has finally allowed me to see the TV as a Dynamic Zone again. The problem appears to have been the WiFi connection strength to my TV, even though it was reported as Excellent and all other network functions worked on the TV. I could browse the internet from it, diagnostics said the WiFi was fine, etc. I now have an ethernet connection to the TV and it shows up under Playing Now as a Dynamic Zone. I'm still testing, and it is still a little flakey, but changing the network connection to the TV seems to have fixed the problem.

It could still have been something else, but my conclusion, at this stage, is that MC needs a good reliable network connection to find DLNA devices, query them for capabilities, and add them to the MC interface. The same issue would apply to HD HomeRun Prime tuners.

So, what sort of network connection from MC to the tuner do you have?
Any Wireless in the network path?
Could your network be improved?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 07:01:07 pm »

Thanks, RoderickGI. Yes, I had seen that wiki. The HD HomeRun tuners are connected via Cat-6 ethernet cable, as are the computers running MC. Gigabit speed. No issues discernible.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 07:06:01 pm »

Did you wait a bit for them to be discovered?  The Prime tuners are discovered by MC as DLNA servers.  There are times when the first round of discovery misses the tuners.  In such case it may require longer wait for them to be discovered.  In such case restarting MC usually helps.  Normally it takes about 30 seconds.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 07:18:54 pm »

I waited. They never show up in "Manage television devices" nor "Tuner Profiles... Configure"

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 07:48:13 pm »

Just in case

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 01:49:05 pm »

Thanks for the responses. All those settings were correct. I did resolve the issue by uninstalling MC24. I interpreted the MC25 upgrade instructions to mean that the two versions could co-exist, but perhaps that's not the case for TV functionality. Anyway, uninstalling version 24 resolved the problem. Thanks again.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 03:16:48 pm »

Thanks for the responses. All those settings were correct. I did resolve the issue by uninstalling MC24. I interpreted the MC25 upgrade instructions to mean that the two versions could co-exist, but perhaps that's not the case for TV functionality. Anyway, uninstalling version 24 resolved the problem. Thanks again.

Maybe there was some glitch during installation.  I have never had to uninstall a previous version myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up