INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning message about running MC as Power User  (Read 732 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Warning message about running MC as Power User
« on: March 23, 2019, 06:09:57 pm »

I have been running MC25 for a while now with no issues. But this strange message popped up today about needed to run with Power User privileges.

However, I installed MC25 with "Run as Administrator" and the account it is installed on is an Admin account.

After this message popped up (that I copied below) there was another warning message behind it. Before I could active the Snippet tool it disappeared. Something about "TS files" I think (which is what I record my TV Shows in).

Everything is running fine, and I have done nothing about running as Power User. Not even sure how to do that - if this message comes up again.

Maybe related, but I still had a copy of MC24 loaded/installed. I uninstalled that prior to this warning pop up - so maybe that is what triggered this message.

No problem. Just reporting in case anyone is interested.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Warning message about running MC as Power User
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 06:20:01 pm »

Just run it as Admin once, like it tells you, and it should go away.
Due to the nature of how some components are registered with Windows, if you mix two different versions of MC, it may be required to run as Admin once to ensure the correct version is registered.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CountryBumkin

Re: Warning message about running MC as Power User
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 07:00:30 am »

The odd thing is that I am running it as Administrator. There are no Users on this computer.

I'll close the program and restart as Admin.

BTW, I had the error message again today. Here is the second part of the warning message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up