Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Covers  (Read 2013 times)

stefanoripoli

• Recent member
Covers
« on: March 24, 2019, 05:00:56 am »

Version 25 often does not load covers. Why?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Covers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 07:30:48 pm »

MC25 is loading Cover Art just fine, if it is installed correctly and has been allowed to build thumbnails for the art, immediately after the installation.

Sometimes an upgrade, say from MC24 to MC25, won't find the old Cover Art, depending on how you have set up Cover Art.

Read the Wiki on Cover Art.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

georgec

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 03:50:50 pm »

I was having trouble adding covers to files that were otherwise finished.  In three out of four cases, I had no trouble.  While I was trying to pin down the problem, I noticed that the file list for MediaCenter 24 and MediaCenter 25 differ.  Cache, Config, COVER ART, Default RAW Image Cache, and Install are all absent from  JRiver/MediaCenter25.  Laying aside what my particular problem is, if I were to follow the advice I received when I downloaded MediaCenter25, and deleted MediaCenter24, seemingly, my cover art would be deleted.  What am I missing?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 04:35:38 pm »

Set your cover art folder in MC's options if you want it to find your cover art.  Storing the cover art in the audio file is recommended.

stefanoripoli

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 11:20:16 am »

It's not true. JRiver 25 installed on 2 different PCs besides a friend of mine have the same problem. Before, with JRiver 24, all the covers were loaded automatically with few exceptions. Now the exceptions are the covers loaded automatically with JRviver 25. Why?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 10:11:39 pm »

You haven't provided any information about the settings you are using for Cover Art in MC, and they make a difference.

However, if they worked in MC24 then I suggest that you find the latest automatic Library Backup that MC24 made, and Restore it to your MC25 installation. That may just fix it all for you.

Naturally, make a Library Backup of your current MC25 installation first, just in case you need to switch back to that, if you don't like the result of the Restore.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stefanoripoli

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 12:52:03 pm »

Already done. Does not work

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 04:21:02 pm »

Then tell us what all your Cover Art settings are.
Confirm to us where your Cover Art is actually located on your disk drive.
Clarify which Cover Art you are talking about, just Audio, or Video, Images, Podcasts? For Video, is it Series and Season Cover Art?
If there is no Cover Art, what is displayed in a thumbnail View? The musical note? Something else?

Over to you to clarify.

stefanoripoli

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 02:33:18 pm »

I answer your questions: they are just music covers (HD albums).
The covers, as for MC24, are inside the folder of the music album on NAS.
The folder contains metadata and jpg files.
The icon is a musical note and I have to right-click on the missing cover and search for it using the "quick search in the objects / covers folder"
Thank you

swiv3d

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 02:41:43 pm »

Have you set Tools>Options>File locations>Cover art>Audio Mode to In the same folder as the file?

_zep.

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 11:34:40 pm »

I have issues with audio cover art in MC25 as well - my problem is that the 'art' (jpeg) I add to one artist's files get added to other artists that I don't want to have that particular art.  This is happening in a very large playlist of "Various Artists".

Have not had this issue going back 3 or 4 years

~~~~~~~~~~~
Another issue I have is when I insert a CD - MC25 ejects it. This happens only if I haven't ripped a CD in the past hour or so....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 07:15:49 am »

The cover art topic on our wiki might help.

If an album is complete and stored in a single folder with an image file, that file will be used.

So try storing albums in separate folders.

_zep.

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 05:36:49 pm »

If an album is complete and stored in a single folder with an image file, that file will be used.

Yeah, I have folder/album names like 1972-1973 and have a hundred or so various artist...
I would like to attach different art to each artist but maintain the huge playlist/folder.

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 06:34:21 pm »

The icon is a musical note and I have to right-click on the missing cover and search for it using the "quick search in the objects / covers folder"

Then all you probably need to do is build missing thumbnails. Run "Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build missing thumbnails...".

When a major upgrade (MC24 to MC25) is done, MC doesn't reuse the thumbnails from the earlier version. It uses the Cover Art image files and rebuilds the thumbnails as required. Usually as you scroll down through an Album View you will see the thumbnails appearing. If you want them all created at once, run the "Build missing thumbnails" function.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 06:39:00 pm »

Yeah, I have folder/album names like 1972-1973 and have a hundred or so various artist...
I would like to attach different art to each artist but maintain the huge playlist/folder.

Then you should have set MC to store Cover Art inside the media files. It sounds like you have one folder with lots of files in it from lots of different Albums, and you were probably using the Cover Art option of "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)", which would mean each media file would use the one "Folder.jpg" for its Cover Art. You probably combined or copied all those files into one folder (1972-1973) either without copying the image file as well, or you overwrote the "Folder.jpg" each time you added an Album.

Seriously, read the Cover Art Wiki article. At least three times. Here it is: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

Also, if you are building playlists by copying files into a folder, you are doing it wrong, unless you are copying that folder to a memory card for use in a car or something like that. Learn how to use Playlists in MC. You don't need to move files into a folder to do it. You don't need to group files in a folder to view them together either. Learn how to use Views in MC. The best folder layout for storing audio files with MC is the simplest, \Artist\Album\, and then let MC Views show you the tracks the way you want to see them.

Plus, if you have an issue like this, please create your own thread, so people can answer your questions specifically. Posting into someone else's thread just mean questions and answers get mixed up, and off topic.

_zep.

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 09:13:12 pm »

Thanks Rod and Jim (and apologies to Stef - hope he got his problem fixed).

The genesis of my playlist was several (hundred) multi artist CDs. Most are Flac files.
I have now selected "In a specified folder" and have the box checked for Also store image in file's tag.

I must say I am a big fan of JRiver - no other app is going to support my music library or an 8000 song 'playlist'

-zep.

stefanoripoli

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 04:10:21 am »

MC25 did not create problems with the covers of the existing library in MC24. Problems arise when I upload new albums. I charge about 60% of the covers while before, with MC24, it was very difficult that he didn't recognize the cover.
Pages: [1]   Go Up