INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freezing before syncing  (Read 974 times)

ginty32

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I guess after 8 years I could type something.
Freezing before syncing
« on: March 24, 2019, 08:41:12 pm »

I was hoping MC25 would help with this, but it's gotten worse.  Since I had MC22 and upgraded to Windows 10 it takes a very long time for the device to load (Samsung S8 phone, card and phone memory).  Sometimes, it never loads.  Now with MC25 the program freezes when trying to sync.  My old Ipod still syncs without issues. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Freezing before syncing
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 08:49:47 pm »

It can take a long while for MC to analyse what is already on the phone. MC will keep showing the "Working..." text up near the storage size information in your image until it finishes that analysis. From what I understand, MC can't control what it actually looks at on the phone, relying on Android functions that report everything. Then MC uses that information to work out what to do with the Sync.

Have you left it going for a few minutes before trying to stop it? My Sony phone, which doesn't have a lot on it, would take two minutes or so to finish the "Working..." stage.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ginty32

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 09:36:44 pm »

I've left it to read for more than 30 min before and before MC25 it would work every now and then, but since installing MC25 it always freezes.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 10:02:07 pm »

You could try "Redetect all devices" in Options. It may reconfigure the device information. You will lose all settings, and will probably need to resync everything, but that may work.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 07:01:26 am »

Is there an "Allow?" message on the phone?  It also needs to be in File Transfer mode.

I use Samsung phones, and Android keeps changing the way the phones connect.

ginty32

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 02:49:29 pm »

I do check that the file transfer is enabled.  The redetect seemed to help a bit.  Thanks for the responses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up