INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Version 25 on your mobile device  (Read 667 times)

touchvintagemusic

• Recent member
Using Version 25 on your mobile device
« on: March 26, 2019, 02:58:15 pm »

I am upgrading for the first time since ver 22, then and now I have trouble finding the right threads and answers easily in the forum. Right now I am looking for a detailed but straightforward/simple (like a "for dummies" guide) description of how you can access your music collection via JRiver Media Center 25 and your mobile device (I happen to have an android, Samsung Note 8 ). I've run into references to "Dr Who" but can find no baseline description of what it is or how to use it. Help! ?!?!?!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using Version 25 on your mobile device
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 03:32:21 pm »

The wiki has a topic on Remotes.  Most of them can be used either as a remote for a computer across the room or to play music on the phone from the remote computer.

The best way to learn is to try it.

On Android, I'd start with Panel or Gizmo.

touchvintagemusic

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 03:53:07 pm »

Thanks for quick response. I will continue to research and use DIY as my primary source of learning as you suggest. In the meantime do I understand basically that your mobile has to be close to your pc/server version, otherwise I'm stuck with Spotify or equiv when I leave? How does Dr Who play into this picture? I found instructions to activate the function in ver 23 but the path seems to have changed in 25

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 03:55:24 pm »

You will find the link to DrWho at the end of the playlists in the standard view tree to the left of the screen. Click it and if necessary create an account on it. In the DrWho settings you can choose to only show playlists with downoadable and streaming playlists.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 04:14:38 pm »

See the wiki topic called Network Access.  It tells you how to set your network to allow access from outside your network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up