INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import watched folder gets deleted by MC  (Read 544 times)

jaxtherogue

• World Citizen
Auto Import watched folder gets deleted by MC
« on: March 27, 2019, 02:12:39 pm »

I have an intake process when adding music to my library.  My permanent collection is in a folder named d:\music archive.  I have another folder called d:\MC Add.  I have MC (25) setup to watch the D:\MC Add folder for autoimport.  After autoimport runs the tracks show up in a special view I created called "Add to library". From that view I cleanup tags, album art etc and when I am happy I use a preset Rename, Move & Copy Files profile to move those files to my D:\music archive folder. I do this because when I get files from digital music stores (Qobuz seems especially bad) or direct from the record labels the tags are often messy and/or single albums might appear as multiple albums, etc and I would like a clean "workspace" to tidy things up without the chance of me touching the files already in my permanent collection. This also allows me to have a backup process that backs up only my properly tagged/named files while still using MC to do my management.

My OCD process aside, occasionally MC completely deletes my d:\MC Add folder.  If the d:\Mc Add is totally empty there is a chance it will get mysteriously deleted. I have even occasionally put a dummy folder or file in that folder to stop it from being deleted which is an ok workaround, but I'd rather the folder not get deleted in the first place. Besides normal file copy operations MC is the only software that interacts with that folder.  This has been happening since at least version 22 so it's not new to 25. Any thoughts as to what might be happening?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Import watched folder gets deleted by MC
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 03:06:04 pm »

In my experience this is usually caused by some third party software that automatically removes empty directories.

Usual culprits are Sonarr, Syncback, and other backup software.

I know that you mentioned that this folder is only touched by MC, but I've thought the same thing too on several occasions, and it always ends up being the software I "forgot" about.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Import watched folder gets deleted by MC
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 03:20:08 pm »

The RMC tool automatically removes empty directories. It would leave things in a complete mess if it did not.
A hidden dummy file should be enough to prevent it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up