INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Not Downloading for Some Movies  (Read 467 times)

theneeha

Cover Art Not Downloading for Some Movies
« on: March 29, 2019, 06:31:30 pm »

Apologies if this has already been posted, I have searched and wasn't able to find a similar post on this issue. I have auto importing  set up and  the auto tagging of all my new movies works perfectly. However, for approximately half of new movies that are imported, no cover art is downloaded even though the tags download fine. When I right click on any of these movies and Click 'Get Movie Info' the first result always has the correct poster and I can easily add the poster that way. Does anyone know why some movies download cover art without any issue and others don't?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art Not Downloading for Some Movies
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 12:40:50 am »

It is quite unusual for some movies to get Poster Art, and some not. Unless TheMovieDB doesn't have Poster Art for the movie, but the fact you can get it by running the "Get Movie & TV Show Info..." function shows that it has the Art.

Usually you either get all data, the metadata (tag) and image, or no data. As long as MC is set to get the image. There was a change in MC recently so that the tick box setting "Use Image" or "Get image" is now remembered and shared between single and multiple movie lookups, and I think also with the Auto Import feature. But again, that should work for all movies, or none, unless you are changing that setting sometimes, not realising that it would affect Auto Import.

Overall I find it very reliable, for all data.

But if MC is downloading the metadata for the movie, and that is correct, it should be downloading the Poster Art as well. In your case I would suspect a slow internet connection, causing a time out just on the image download, or possibly a problem with the site itself, perhaps it is being overloaded at the time your Auto Import runs. I assume that you have the disk space available for the downloaded images.

Maybe provide some examples of the filenames of the files you are importing, for others to test if they work for them.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up