INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Albums to DLNA Device; Wrong Track Order  (Read 770 times)

darren700

• Recent member
Adding Albums to DLNA Device; Wrong Track Order
« on: March 31, 2019, 12:14:55 pm »

Hi JRiver,
I use a DLNA streamer for my main stereo and I stream music to it via JRiver 25.
If I want to play all the albums by an artist (by right clicking on artist and clicking "Play") it does not send the albums to the DLNA render in the correct track order.

Instead of adding them to the DLNA device with the track order of each album in ascending order it puts all track #1 from each album together, then track #2, etc. Can you modify the way the tracks are added so they are in the correct order for each album? and if possible add the albums in chronological order? so it plays the oldest album first, newest album last with tracks in the correct album order for each?

JRiver plays then in the correct order when not using DLNA and using the local playing now. However with DLNA it does not work correctly and behaves as described above. See attached picture.

Thanks!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Adding Albums to DLNA Device; Wrong Track Order
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 01:55:52 pm »

Hello darren700
Welcome to Interact

try putting them in a playlist and see what happens
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 03:02:29 pm »

If you select the artist, then click the album heading the tracks will sort into the order you want then click play. Or select group by album in the drop down list.

darren700

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 03:28:57 pm »

Thank you for your suggestions, I should have mentioned that I use the Genre menu when selecting the Artist.
It works the way you described in the Artist menu but not the Genre menu.

I would like the same functionality added to the Genre browser.

The same problem exists when sending too a playlist from the genre browser.

See attached pictures. Thanks

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 03:38:08 pm »

Just selected genre world, with group by albums selected and it plays each album in the correct track order when sent to my dlna streamer. Don't know why your set up isn't doing the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up