INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMC remote skip forward/skip back buttons stop working if JR MC is loaded.  (Read 754 times)

CoteRotie

• Recent member

This is essentially a re-post of the problem here, that hasn't been solved yet:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115222.msg796562.html#msg796562

Since I just installed V. 25 and the problem still exists I'm reposting here in hopes that someone has had a similar problem and found a way to resolve it.

Here's a summary:

I'm just using JMC as a media server, and keeping Windows Media Center on Win 8.1 as my primary media center.

Everything works great, I have remote access to all my WMC recorded content, I can stream to JRemote, I have JMC's interface working well also, though at the moment I'm not using it.  Media server is set to start when Windows starts.

The only issue I'm having is that JRiver Media Server seems to break the skip forward and skip back keys on my Harmony remote acting as a WMC remote (Or the actual WMC remote as well).  They stop working in WMC and even JMC once the Media Server starts.

My IR receiver is an HP infrared unit plugged in via USB.  All other remote buttons seem to work.  I did a search and I saw some other complaints about the skip buttons not working, but nothing exactly the same.

If there is a background process called "Media Center XX" running, my skip forward/back buttons don't work in Windows Media Center.  If I kill that process they work again.  (The main JRiver application is closed).

CoteRotie

• Recent member

Just bumping this as it seems like there's no other way to get support for JMC and I still haven't solved the problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I'm trying to reproduce this but not having any luck.

My MCE remote skips and fast forwards / rewinds even with Media Center running in the system tray.

The green button jumps to Theater View, but that's expected.

Any tips?  Make sure you're running the latest MC.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CoteRotie

• Recent member

I'm trying to reproduce this but not having any luck.

My MCE remote skips and fast forwards / rewinds even with Media Center running in the system tray.

The green button jumps to Theater View, but that's expected.

Any tips?  Make sure you're running the latest MC.

Thanks.

Thanks for trying.  I am running the latest MC.  Oddly fast forward, rewind and all other buttons work, it's just the skip forward and skip back buttons.  Maybe something unique to my system, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

The Skip Forward and Backward buttons have always seemed to work a little different to other buttons in MC.

I know you tried;
UPDATE: Unchecking all the remote options in the main JRiver interface options section doesn't help.

But you didn't say exactly where you did that. Which settings.

Try "Options > General > Features" and uncheck "Remote Control". Of course you will lose all remote control functionality in MC then, but it sounds like you don't require that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CoteRotie

• Recent member

I somehow missed Roderick's last reply, but I finally saw it and tried the suggestion (Options > General > Features" and uncheck "Remote Control")

I was hopeful, but it didn't work.  I do appreciate the suggestions, so if anyone has any other ideas let me know.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up