INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "license file is for a different product" error  (Read 651 times)

RayGarrison

• Recent member
"license file is for a different product" error
« on: April 01, 2019, 05:14:08 pm »

Originally posted in 24 forum by mistake. Sorry.

I just downloaded jr25, got my registration code.  When I try to install, I get "your license file is for a different product". (Windows 10) I searched the forum, saw a couple posts about right clicking on the mjr file and making sure it's pointing at the right file, and changing it if not. I tried that. The window that pops up says "Filetype: MediaCenter 21 Registration (.mjr)" with no option to change that. The top line under General shows the correct file (Media Center25 Windows-462948.mjr). I have been running mc21 for some time, this is the first time I've tried to upgrade.

Help?
Music is art,
Audio is engineering

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "license file is for a different product" error
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 05:36:14 pm »

Correct it in Windows File Associations.

Search Windows for "Default App settings", open that, select "Choose default apps by file type", find the mjr file type, click on Package Installer, a list titled "Choose an app" will pop up in which there will probably be two "Package Installer" options which don't have any version number information on them, one of which is selected. Choose the "Package Installer" that isn't selected, and then test if that works, if not, go back and choose the other one.

More information from an earlier version: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114872.msg794447.html#msg794447
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RayGarrison

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 06:13:11 pm »

When I select "Choose default apps by file type" only one .mjr shows up, Mediacenter.21.Registration and when I  click on that, and "Choose an app", only one Package Installer is listed. No other choice available.

I will look at the other link you posted.
Music is art,
Audio is engineering

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 06:17:32 pm »

Try running MC25 and then executing the Install Key (mjr file) by clicking on it.  That's all it should take.

Or just run MC25 and restore using your Registration Code.

RayGarrison

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 07:09:09 pm »

I don't see any  MC25 program anywhere other than the Media Center25 Windows-462948.mjr file in my downloads folder
Music is art,
Audio is engineering

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 07:14:00 pm »

RayGarrison

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 07:45:55 pm »

(serious red face)

Purchased upgrade. Got email / confirmation page. Figured I was all set. Went to install license page.

Totally missed download/install MC 25 step. Feel really stupid.

All set now. Thanks for patience / help.
Music is art,
Audio is engineering

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 09:04:44 pm »

No problem at all. I'm glad it's worked out.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 10:22:27 pm »

Doh!!!  ;D ;D ;D 8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up