INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 25 does not have the ability to set the max bit rate if I convert Files  (Read 1171 times)

reonb

Version 25 does not have the ability to set the max bit rate if I convert Files.  My decoder cannot accept anything higher than 24bit 192 KHz.  If I convert from DSF to FLAC 24 bit, I get files with higher bit rates which I cannot use.  In version 24 I could set the max bit rate.  This is a severe limitation for me in the new version.

swiv3d

Aren't the bitrates set using the apply dsp settings in the convert options popup - just like the always were? I could be wrong.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe

You need to set the sample rate in the Output Format DSP to downsample converted files.
This is inside the conversion options' DSP Settings.

Bit-rate is the amount of compression applied to lossy formats like MP3.

swiv3d

It is truly a shame that MC 25 is still calling the sample rate - the Bitrate in its very own tags!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

It is truly a shame that MC 25 is still calling the sample rate - the Bitrate in its very own tags!

Umm, Sample Rate and Bitrate are two completely different things. I haven't seen MC confuse them anywhere.

I'm sure RD, or Google, could provide a definition for us.  ;)

Oh okay:
Sample Rate: 44.1KHz
Bit Depth: 16
Number of channels: 2
Theoretical Bitrate: 44100x16x2=1,411,200 Bit per second, usually expressed in Kilobits per second (Kbps), so 1378.125 Kbps.
Actual Bitrate: 224 in MC (Kbps) Hence, the file, a FLAC in this case, is compressed to a bit over 16% of its theoretical Bitrate, through lossless compression.

Am I wrong somewhere? I could be. Nah, that couldn't happen.  :P

EDIT: Oops. I forgot the number of channels!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

swiv3d

Enough said.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Oh, I see. The OP said "Bit Rate" and then referred to the "Sample Rate".

Fair enough.  ;D

No hang on, you then referred to setting Bitrates in DSP, which RD duly corrected by pointing out that it is Sample Rate that you can set in DSP.

Now you are just trying to confuse me. Does a picture win the discussion?

Here's mine.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

swiv3d

Fishing in this pond is too easy! ;D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Oh snap.

I always think someone is on the up and up, until they prove otherwise, because you know some users will argue black is white and red is green, regardless of being colour blind.

So you can go and sit in the naughty corner now!  :P

swiv3d

How did you deduce that I was colour blind - you are as always totally amazing. I was just using the OP's terminology in trying to point him in the correct direction but couldn't resist the naughty step option!
Pages: [1]   Go Up