INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bookmarks in Long Audio Files  (Read 619 times)

dabu

• Recent member
Bookmarks in Long Audio Files
« on: April 04, 2019, 01:52:08 am »

-With Split View enabled, allow us to hide tabs for specific views. That way we can have a view dedicated to a single view/function and not waste space showing tabs. Example layout where this would be useful attached - the split view on bottom is locked to always show my Playing Now list - it would be better if it did not waste space showing tabs, but I still want tabs shown for the top split view.

-Allow us to enable bookmarks/resuming for long music files. This function is already there for videos and podcasts yet, inexplicably, we can't enable it for music. Anyone who listens to electronica will likely have mixes which are single files which are an hour long or longer.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bookmarks in Long Audio Files
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 07:46:39 am »

If you set the "Use Bookmarking" field to "Yes", the bookmark will be saved and loaded for a file.  The default looks at audio books, Podcasts, etc. but not long files.

It should be pretty quick to search for long files and set the field if that's what you prefer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dabu

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 10:20:24 am »

If you set the "Use Bookmarking" field to "Yes", the bookmark will be saved and loaded for a file.  The default looks at audio books, Podcasts, etc. but not long files.

It should be pretty quick to search for long files and set the field if that's what you prefer.

I'd already seen this while searching for a way to do this but my understanding is that I'd have to do this for all my long music files, and repeat the process every time more of them are added to my library, so that's not a workable solution.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:21:00 am »

You could even make tag on import set the value if doing it manually is too much work.  But it literally should take a few seconds if you save the search.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dabu

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:21:35 pm »

You could even make tag on import set the value if doing it manually is too much work.  But it literally should take a few seconds if you save the search.

Thanks, the auto-import tag worked!

For anyone else who wants to do this, you won't want to resume short music files, so in your auto-import you can use this as the value for the Use Bookmark tag and it will make only files longer than 15 mins resume:

if(Compare(FormatNumber([Duration,0]), >, 900), Yes, No)
Pages: [1]   Go Up