INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie seems "stuck" in "playing now" in Video zone on JRemote  (Read 904 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

Overall - the JRemote/Media Server has been working brillantly for several years now here - but in the last week of so - I have noticed odd behavior.

My son watched a movie five days ago - accessing it using the "Remote" mode within JRemote. By all accounts - everything worked fine.

However - a day or two ago - we went to watch another movie - this time accessing JRemote from my Phone - and I still see his movie "stuck" in the Video zone.

I went on our server - and after checking out the zones - I discovered his movie was still "stuck" in the Video zone. It was easy enough to clear it from there - but what setting needs to be enabled - either on the Media Server or JRemote to ensure that once a movie is done - it is disappears from "Playing Now"?

Obviously - if I pause a movie midway - I want it to remain in "playing now" but is there a specific keypress (On JRemote) or some other mechanism (other than letting the file run right to the end) that ensures it is out of "Playing Now"?

Thought it was a double press on Stop (In JRemote) or something similar.

Appreciate any tips you may have on this.

Cheers!

VP

bob

• Administrator
Re: Movie seems "stuck" in "playing now" in Video zone on JRemote
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 10:24:44 am »

Perhaps this:
Tools->Options->Video->Advanced->Stop after a long pause ??

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 06:55:42 pm »

A double press of Stop clears the Bookmark from the video. Nothing else.

If you are switching Zones to play media, such as to a Video Zone to play a movie, MC always leaves the last playlist in that Zone, when you switch out to another Zone. At least for me. In fact, sometimes I clear Playing Now, and the reference to the file disappears, but the thumbnail image stays in Playing Now until I refresh the View.

There is a setting in "Options > General > Advanced > Clear playing now on exit", but if you never exit MC, and just leave it running like most of us do, that won't clear Playing Now for the Zone. It only clears on exiting the MC application.

You could try "Options > General > Behaviour > Remove file from Playing Now after they are played", but that may require playing to the end.

Then there are two other settings that may impact this;
"Options > General > Behaviour > Double-click" when set to "Replace Playing Now (All)" will clear the previous movie from the Zone, if you start the new movie using a double click, which perhaps JRemote emulates?
"Options > General > Behaviour > Play Button" setting choice may change what you see. i.e. If set to "Play visible files" you may never see Playing Now, and combined with the above settings, never know the old movie had still been in the Zone. If set to "Play Playing Now" you may have seen the Zone and the previous movie.

Have you changed any of the above settings?

Are you sure the behaviour has changed? Or have you just noticed the movie hangs around for the first time?

Does it really matter? That is, does the previous movie play when you don't intend it to?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 09:03:45 pm »

Does it really matter? That is, does the previous movie play when you don't intend it to?

All good tips - will check them out.

And yes - it does matter - a lot. Espeically on JRemote.

With the old movie "stuck" in the Video zone queue (I know it's stuck because I see the art in the transport controls in the bottom panel of JRemote) - if I select another movie using JRemote - while it starts playing fine - it does not appear in the transport area in JRemote. So I have no ability to interact with the movie that is now playing.

The transport controls do nothing. I cannot pause, FF or anything. Kinda pointless to have a remote that cannot control playback.

Until I clear that queue - all I can do is stare at the artwork of the old film stuck in the queue.

Logically - when everything is good - the Video zone should say "Nothing is Playing" at the bottom of the JRemote "remote" mode screen.

VP

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:51:04 pm »

Ah yes.

I don't use JRemote, but when I am using a remote (MO 4Media, Gizmo, etc.) and get in that situation, it is because the remote is in one Zone and the Server is actually playing in another Zone. Why does that happen? Well, usually because I am mucking around with stuff, rather than just playing some media.

Maybe your son played the movie using the Server interface, JRemote showed the Playing Now content of the Server's video Zone, but JRemote was actually still connected to (controlling) the Player Zone?

The way to fix it isn't to clear Playing Now, but to switch to the correct Zone on the remote, the one which is playing the media, and then the transport controls all work again.

Can you do that in JRemote?
Are you using ZoneSwitch on the Server to switch to the Video Zone, and JRemote doesn't know about that?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 06:35:04 am »

The way to fix it isn't to clear Playing Now, but to switch to the correct Zone on the remote, the one which is playing the media, and then the transport controls all work again.

Can you do that in JRemote?  Are you using ZoneSwitch on the Server to switch to the Video Zone, and JRemote doesn't know about that?

Yes - I do have Zoeswitch set - but only when a movie plays. I should also mention - this has been rock solid for years. I have never seen a movie stick in Playing now for a long long time.

FWIW: The only Zone we use with JRemote is my Video zone. And that's the one that comes up when I fire up the app. And of course - that's where the previous movie was stuck.

But after clearing Playing now (doing a hard clear via RDP to our media server) made everything good again in JRemote. The old movie is gone and the one I want to play - plays and I can control it using the JRemote transport controls.

Cheers,

VP

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 10:49:17 am »

Yes - I do have Zoeswitch set - but only when a movie plays. I should also mention - this has been rock solid for years. I have never seen a movie stick in Playing now for a long long time.

FWIW: The only Zone we use with JRemote is my Video zone. And that's the one that comes up when I fire up the app. And of course - that's where the previous movie was stuck.

But after clearing Playing now (doing a hard clear via RDP to our media server) made everything good again in JRemote. The old movie is gone and the one I want to play - plays and I can control it using the JRemote transport controls.

Cheers,

VP
Do you have either of the JRemote settings concerning zone follows app and vice versa set?

Vocalpoint

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 05:15:23 pm »

Do you have either of the JRemote settings concerning zone follows app and vice versa set?

Bob,

Both of these options are off (on my iPhone copy of JRemote).

Should they be on in some form?

Another thought I had on this - when my son watched his movie - he used my iPad with JRemote to start that one up. While I am seeing this weirdness in the JRemote app on my phone.  I am wondering how MC reacts to two different instances of JRemote hitting the same server instance at different times?

VP

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up