INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do I chabge the name of my library on each machine??  (Read 734 times)

baldo

• World Citizen
how do I chabge the name of my library on each machine??
« on: April 08, 2019, 04:28:09 pm »

I have a library on my main machine, lets call it library 1. I create a back up of this library and then I go to machine 2 and restore the library from machine 1.  So now I have clone of library 1 on both machines.  But the name is the same on both machines.

This is only really a problem because on my mobile phone I have the JRiver App that I use as the remote and this app sees only one library. 

How can I change the name on machine 2 to be called library 2?

many thanks for you your help.

jwk246

• Recent member
Re: how do I chabge the name of my library on each machine??
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 08:13:19 pm »

Click on 'Playing Now' in upper right corner to expand it if not already expanded
Click on any Library (or Library Server on a remote server if you have one)
In the main window under 'Library' (first entry in the list) click on 'Rename' button next to 'Rename this library'
Change the name. (If you don't see the option to change the name, you're probably using the remote library that you're trying to rename- load the library on your local machine and the option to change the remote library name should then be available).

You might want to include the name of the computer that the library originates from in your library name instead of '1' and '2' to avoid confusion, as '1' and '2' are too ambiguous.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 09:47:30 pm »

This is only really a problem because on my mobile phone I have the JRiver App that I use as the remote and this app sees only one library. 

Renaming the Library won't fix this, although that would be a good start.

As you have Restored a Library Backup from one machine on to another, both are now using the same Access Key for the Library Server. So JRemote (I assume you are referring to JRemote, and not Gizmo or something else) can only see one MC Server.

Go to "Options > Media Network" on the second machine and note your Access Key. Then turn off Media Network by unchecking the "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA"  setting, and then turn it back on. You should get a new Access Key, I think. Access Keys are reused when possible, but renaming the Library may force MC to get a new Access Key.

If you don't get a new Access Key, you may need to shut down MC on machine 2, wait a minute, then restart it and try again. Or maybe even shut down MC on machine 1 and 2, start MC on machine 1 so that it reports its current IP Address, which will take a few minutes, and then start MC on machine 2 again and turn on Media Network to get a new Access Key.

However you achieve it, you need a different Access Key on machine 2.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

baldo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 09:53:16 am »

Thanks Roderick.

I will give this a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up