INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: noob question-analyze audio  (Read 3127 times)

perry59

• Junior Woodchuck
noob question-analyze audio
« on: April 09, 2019, 03:12:35 pm »

How can I select EVERY track in my library for analysis? or is this not recommended?
Also, when an analysis is done, it does not affect the individual files right, it adds info to the database?
if that is the case, then if I back up a library from one computer and restore it to another, then that computers files are analyzed, true?
Thanks!

biblio

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: noob question-analyze audio
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 05:56:28 pm »

There's a smart list
Audio - Needs Analysis (may have forgotten the exact wording.)

In there you can select everything and analyse. mine is set to 8 files at a time. You can also set to analyse on import which i do now as well.

if you just select your entire library the analysis window allows you to skip files already analysed.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 03:23:39 am »

Analysis will write to file tags, but will not modify the file; i.e. it won't change the audio data within.

perry59

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 10:09:02 am »

Ok, I see how I can select all my files.
On the question of where the information is stored in metadata on the individual files, correct?
That being said, if I analyze the files on my main computer and want the same for the library on my laptop, then I need to replace the library on my laptop with a copy of what is on the main computer, right?
Thanks!

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 10:32:19 am »

if I analyze the files on my main computer and want the same for the library on my laptop, then I need to replace the library on my laptop with a copy of what is on the main computer, right?
Thanks!

do you truly have 2 separate files for both computers? if so then yes. I do something to this effect, I have 2 computers with their own set of files (the 2nd pc is a complete backup able to play immediately in case of meltdown) so after I have added new files to the 1st computer and have analyzed I run a backup to the 2nd computer and to other storage, this gives me backups along with consistent files....U can make anything work for your needs.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

perry59

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 10:39:59 am »

do you truly have 2 separate files for both computers? if so then yes. I do something to this effect, I have 2 computers with there own set of files (the 2nd pc is a complete backup able to play immediately in case of meltdown) so after I have added new files to the 1st computer and have analyzed I run a backup to the 2nd computer and to other storage, this gives me backups along with consistent files....U can make anything work for your needs.

Yes.
so that is what I will do.

perry59

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:40:16 am »

Thanks all!

perry59

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 12:20:59 pm »

Oh, and for any of this to work, you must have "volume leveling" checked in DSP correct?

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 12:53:34 pm »

yes
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

pulpopulpo

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 02:01:41 pm »

do you truly have 2 separate files for both computers? if so then yes. I do something to this effect, I have 2 computers with their own set of files (the 2nd pc is a complete backup able to play immediately in case of meltdown) so after I have added new files to the 1st computer and have analyzed I run a backup to the 2nd computer and to other storage, this gives me backups along with consistent files....U can make anything work for your needs.

Hi!, I have 2 separate files for 2 computers too, but... when I add new files to my 1st computer and analyze, and I run a backup to the 2nd computer, the 2nd computer doesn't read the analyzed data... Do you know What could be the reason?? I would like to analyze files one time only...

Thank you very much in advance

swiv3d

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 03:11:32 pm »

@pulpopulpo - Perhaps you haven't turned on the save tags to file option? Go to Edit menu and check the Update Tags When File Info Changes item.
Pages: [1]   Go Up