INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving the progress bar  (Read 793 times)

fschris

• Recent member
Moving the progress bar
« on: April 12, 2019, 08:33:03 pm »

This is kinda annoying to me. When playing a movie and I move the mouse the progress is at the top of the screen.... i cant find any where on how to move this to the bottom... tell me!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Moving the progress bar
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 12:00:25 am »

There is no way to move it to the bottom of the screen. That is where the OSD Display (Arrow up menu) is displayed anyway. It is going to pop up whenever you move your mouse to any edge of the screen.

There is no way to turn it off either. It is basically the Windows window frame, but specially modified, I believe.

But why are you moving your mouse to the edge of the screen? Just leave it wherever it is, and the mouse will vanish. I think that is controlled by MC. Or maybe Windows, when a full-screen video is playing. Also, even if you move your mouse to an edge, the progress bar disappears pretty quickly, unless you hover over it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

fschris

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 06:47:35 pm »

its not moving the mouse that i had an issue with , just if I wanted to pause etc... or see how much of the movie is left id move the mouse a tad and i just did not like that it would be on the top part of the screen instead on the bottom. oh well.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 07:57:56 pm »

Well, you could use the up arrow instead, and with a few presses display the OSD version of the progress bar. That is what I tend to do. Partly because I can access that using my IR Remote, and don't need to touch the keyboard. Also just pressing pause (or OK button) on the IR Remote will show the OSD progress bar, and the current time. Also common for me to do.

There may be a way to edit the Theatre View skin to do what you want, but that isn't straight forward, and I have no experience with it. Requires CSS editing and such I believe.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up