INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search on MC Panel  (Read 674 times)

deone

• Recent member
Search on MC Panel
« on: April 13, 2019, 12:01:28 am »

I'm running MC on my mac and using the panel on various devices to control playback.
Unfortunately the panel is proving to be too limited.
For example, from a song, I'd like to be able to find the album that contains the song.  I don't see how to do that.
Or if I search for a tag, it enumerates all the songs in the albums that have that tag; I would much rather just see the albums.
I've tried Gizmo and its search doesn't even search tags...and it has the same problem in that I cannot go from a song to its enclosing album.
What do you use for this?

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Search on MC Panel
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 09:19:47 pm »

I share the same frustration from using the browser UI.

Would be great to be able to use our phones/tablets as full featured remotes.

Is there any comprehensive documentation on how to extend the web UI or use the API?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 01:55:38 am »

JRemote or "MO 4Media"
Gizmo can operate as a MC remote as well. As in, send up/Down/Left/Right/OK commands to a MC Server, in addition to selecting and playing tracks locally or on the server, or any available Zone.
You can copy an Album name in Panel, and then use it in the search box. Quote it to get an exact match. But of course it will still return a list of files in the Album.

Panel now accepts Search Expressions as well, so try a few of those. i.e. Search for "[Genre]=Jazz -[Year]=[]" or similar. Yes, you need to know field names and expression functionality.

Try some stuff like that. Search the forum a bit. There have been some discussions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 07:23:39 am »

The wiki has a topic on Remotes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up