INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio out of synch with UHD Blu-Ray mkv rips  (Read 1461 times)

captain_video

Audio out of synch with UHD Blu-Ray mkv rips
« on: April 13, 2019, 09:02:59 am »

I have a lot of 4k Blu-Ray rips stored on an unRAID server.  I have a dedicated Windows 10 HTPC with MC 25 installed.  I decided to give MC a try because it's supposed to work with madVR.  I also have an extensive music library so it seemed like a natural choice given MC's reputation as a music player.  I originally installed MC 24 and recently upgraded to version 25 when it was released.

The issue is when I start playback of any 4k mkv file, it starts off just fine.  With version 24 it would get maybe 10-15 minutes into the movie and then the audio would get out of sync.  When I tried MC 25 it only took a few minutes for it to get out of sync.  I've had to resort to using MPC-HC with madVR for playback.  I would prefer to have the convenience of using MC but it's just not working for me.

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Audio out of synch with UHD Blu-Ray mkv rips
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 09:52:58 am »

I play similar UHD mkv without problems. (i5 with a radeon rx560)
I use bitstreaming to my Denon setup through HDMI. And I have HDR information being processed by the TV
Messing around with madvr putting the settings to high can give me out of sync movies.

ps. Do you have a separate madvr for mpc installed?

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 10:10:44 am »

Enable VideoClock and do not use bitstreaming.

captain_video

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 04:45:41 pm »

I play similar UHD mkv without problems. (i5 with a radeon rx560)
I use bitstreaming to my Denon setup through HDMI. And I have HDR information being processed by the TV
Messing around with madvr putting the settings to high can give me out of sync movies.

ps. Do you have a separate madvr for mpc installed?

I honestly don't recall if I installed madVR separately to use with MPC-HC.  I would have to look into that.  I'm pretty sure I followed the same setup for madVR for both JRiver MC and MPC-HC.

Enable VideoClock and do not use bitstreaming.

Are you saying to use the analog outputs from my HTPC instead of bitstreaming via HDMI?  I would prefer not to have more cables hanging off the back of my hardware.  Bitstreaming has always worked with no problems using any other playback app so there's clearly an issue with JRiver MC in this regard.

RD James

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 03:12:27 am »

Are you saying to use the analog outputs from my HTPC instead of bitstreaming via HDMI?  I would prefer not to have more cables hanging off the back of my hardware.  Bitstreaming has always worked with no problems using any other playback app so there's clearly an issue with JRiver MC in this regard.
Bitstreaming means the AVR receives compressed audio and decodes it to PCM. Disabling it means that MC decodes the audio and outputs a PCM signal.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 04:38:28 am »

If your rips include Dolby Atmos then you will have to bitstream as MC cannot decode Atmos.

captain_video

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 04:25:23 pm »

Bitstreaming means the AVR receives compressed audio and decodes it to PCM. Disabling it means that MC decodes the audio and outputs a PCM signal.

How is the PCM audio sent to my preamp/processor?  I assume it's via the analog outputs.

If your rips include Dolby Atmos then you will have to bitstream as MC cannot decode Atmos.

Many of the rips do include Atmos, but my system is not yet set up to play Atmos soundtracks.  It is my plan in the near future to use my system with Atmos.  It's just a matter of getting the speakers and amps setup.  I already have the extra audio components for it.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 05:13:58 pm »

How is the PCM audio sent to my preamp/processor?  I assume it's via the analog outputs.

The same way the bitstream gets to the preamp, through HDMI.

Many people have Bitstreaming working just fine however. Not sure what would cause desyncing, unless your PC is having the hiccups.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

captain_video

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 07:03:11 am »

The same way the bitstream gets to the preamp, through HDMI.

Many people have Bitstreaming working just fine however. Not sure what would cause desyncing, unless your PC is having the hiccups.

Bitstreaming works just fine with 1080p BD rips in MC and also with 4k rips on every other app that I've tried.  It only gets out of sync with MC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 07:04:23 am »

Try both Red October Standard and HQ in Video settings.

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 01:44:28 pm »

you can try to reduce the que sizes in madvr
or use "trade quality for performance"
Pages: [1]   Go Up